Still no inexpensive decorator switches?

Still no inexpensive decorator switches?

Post by Don Glasgo » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 03:42:12

I've been searching these newsgroups for a while now.. And seems like the
last posts on this topic were quite some time ago.

Still no inexpensive SIMPLE on/off switches in decorator style?  Those
Leviton's look good, but they're expensive!  I got sucked into the whole x10
thing by how inexpensive it looked.  The x10 decorator dimming switches work
alright, but I don't want dimming on all my lights :)

And from what I understand they're unusable on fluorescents, correct?

Just wondering if anything else has come along that I can't seem to find..

Thanks in advance!

-Don

Post by Mark Thom » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 01:52:48

> I've been searching these newsgroups for a while now.. And seems like the
> last posts on this topic were quite some time ago.

> Still no inexpensive SIMPLE on/off switches in decorator style?  Those
> Leviton's look good, but they're expensive!  I got sucked into the whole x10
> thing by how inexpensive it looked.  The x10 decorator dimming switches work
> alright, but I don't want dimming on all my lights :)

> And from what I understand they're unusable on fluorescents, correct?

It depends on your definition of simple and cheap, but how about the
Switchlinc 2385? (http://www.smarthome.com/2385.html) It's on/off only
and works with fluorescent lights. It's $34.99 but if you're patient
enough to buy one at a time I've seen them go for less via the
Smarthome Auctions.

- Mark.

1. Fade on Decorator Dimmer Switch?

Quick question.  I have a x10 motion detector at my front door, a TN751
transmitter and a Decorator Dimmer Switch. Basically the front porch light
turns on when you walk up to the front door but I would like for it to fade
on instead of coming all the way on.  Is there anyway to do this?  Also is
there anyway to turn off the process if I want to leave the light on, like
when I am expecting a bunch of visitors (Halloween for example). The way it
is now, I have to either unplug the transmitter or wait for it to turn the
lights off and then manually turn them back on. There must to be a better
way.

Thanks for all replies.
Tim

2. transfer

3. Decorator switch warm? Sticking?

4. PowerPlant or EasyApp

5. New X-10 Decorator-style wall switch

6. Commerce Site Example

7. x10 decorator wall switch without dimmer

8. FP search bot

9. Decorator Switches

10. X10 Decorator Dimmer Switch dead!

11. Opinions on Decorator Wall Switch ws12a?

12. Comments on quality of X10.COM "Decorator Dimmer Switch"?

13. Decorator Style Dimmer Switch (WS12A)