1. Suggestions for audio multiroom/zone amplifiers?
I'd very much appreciate any suggestions/warnings for audio
multiroom/zone amplifiers. I'll have somewhere between 12-16 pairs of
stereo speakers which I'll need to drive. First, I don't have a very
good feel for what's a reasonable amount of watts/channel for
"whole-house" speakers. Some speakers will be outdoors, so I'd
definitely want some decent amount of power. The majority of the
speakers will be indoors for providing decent quality piped throughout
the house. Mind you, I'm not seeking high-fidelity, but neither do I
want grossly underpowered or a tinny sound like some retail store.
Should I go with 60 watts, 45, 30? It's most likely that most, if not
all, these "ambient" speakers will be 8 ohm.
Secondly, the amplifiers (obviously) will require the ability to be
daisy-chained as I'm sure there isn't a 32-channel amp on the market,
*wink*. Another requirement I have for the amps is the ability
for each pair of channels to support a common source pair as well
as a unique source pair for true multizone. Any other characteristics
or specs of which I should be aware would also be very much appreciated.
I've found some offerings from Niles, Sonamp, Xantech, and Parasound
thus far, though I haven't yet gone through all their specs (nor
prices) to determine which models meet my requirements. Plus, I'm sure
there are other manufacturers/brands I haven't discovered, yet. Before
I dig deeper, I'm hoping I might get some feedback here first on the
power requirements I should seek and opinions/experiences of the
variety, "brand YYY always overheats or brand ZZZ is a good
performer and value-priced...."
thanks in advance,
2. Zip Drive and Amiga
3. Where to buy Multiroom Kit for 220V?
4. Domino R5 with Firewall
5. xbox dvd audio vs. ps2 dvd audio
6. >Re: Several points
7. Xbox's audio capabilites vs. PS2's audio capabilities.........
8. Bell Canada blocks port 25
9. Compressing audio. pb with shorten & mpeg audio
10. SGI Video/Audio Decompression and Audio Synthesis positions
11. Audio compression /Wide band Audio [ G.722 and G.728]
12. Wideband Audio and LD-CELP Audio compression
13. No Audio - I said no audio !