Buyer beware- GE Wireless phone jack system

Buyer beware- GE Wireless phone jack system

Post by Steve=Putnam%Prod=Qual%Mfg=.. » Wed, 07 Jun 1995 04:00:00

All,
After seeing it in mags I bought one for my study.    The packaging says for
"modems, fax machines, answering machines..."

After many hours of frustration on dropped connections I call their tech support.

"We're sorry, it is only verified to work up to 14.4k..."

Steve

"The views expressed in this message are those of the author and do not
nesessarily represent the views of Compaq Computer Corporation."

1. "Wireless Phone Jacks" -- Are they any good?

A fellow I work with asked me if the so-called "Wireless Phone Jacks"
(powerline carrier) would work for a computer modem.  I haven't had any
experience with them.  My questions would be:

1.  Do they work at all?

2.  If so, would they work with a modem?

3.  Would they have the same difficulty as X-10 bridging from one phase leg
to the other?

4.  If so, would a passive X-10 bridge help, or does it bridge at the wrong
frequency?

He has no other PLC devices in his house, so interference would not be a
problem.

Appreciate any help.

Paul Heinzerling

2. Need help with SUN 3/260 and 3/60

3. Wireless Phone Jacks & Whole-Home Noise Block

4. Restricting Inheritance

5. "Wireless" phone jacks and X10?

6. bitSURFR-Mac problems

7. Can I use X10 controller and Wireless Phone Jack?

8. microEmacs3.12 tut nicht

9. X-10 and Wireless Phone Jack Kit

10. Wireless phone jacks