Voice/Data Comm Wiring

Voice/Data Comm Wiring

Post by Tony Rus » Sat, 13 May 1995 04:00:00



I am trying to set up a voice/data communications panel for my house
which is currently under construction.  A number of questions
have come up.

Is there a fairly painless, quick, and electrically sound way
to terminate 4-pair cat. 5 on RJ-45 connectors for 10base-T
ethernet?

The same question for 3-pair cat. 3 voice lines with RJ-11/14
connectors.

Is there a good source for flush mounted cabinets (like breaker
boxes) with built in AC outlets (for the concentrator) around
somewhere?

Why are the only available cat. 5 patch panels a minimum of 24
connector?  I only need 8.

--
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Tony Rusho                     |  

 
 
 

Voice/Data Comm Wiring

Post by Tom Bro » Sun, 14 May 1995 04:00:00



Quote:

>I am trying to set up a voice/data communications panel for my house
>which is currently under construction.  A number of questions
>have come up.

>Is there a fairly painless, quick, and electrically sound way
>to terminate 4-pair cat. 5 on RJ-45 connectors for 10base-T
>ethernet?

Use cat 5 connectors with a good crimp tool, such as AMP makes.

Quote:>The same question for 3-pair cat. 3 voice lines with RJ-11/14
>connectors.

Same as above.
Quote:

>Is there a good source for flush mounted cabinets (like breaker
>boxes) with built in AC outlets (for the concentrator) around
>somewhere?

>Why are the only available cat. 5 patch panels a minimum of 24
>connector?  I only need 8.

Superior Modular has a 12 port cat 5 110 to RJ-45 for a good price. Mod-Tap
and AMP make 12 port patch panels.

>--
>---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
>---
>        Tony Rusho                     |  


--
Tom D. Brown
Olympic Security & Communications Systems
P.O. Box 2617 Everett, WA  98203

National Ski Patrol P008 67286

 
 
 

1. How to tell modem to stop data comm and establish voice comm?

Hi
    I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to tell the modem to
stop data communication and allow the users on either end to pick up the
phone receiver and talk without the incessant squealing sound.  Are there
only specific modems which can do this, or can all modems do this?  Is it a
command string which is sent to the modem?  I need to write a VB app whereby
two modem-connected users exchange data and then are able to pick up the
phone and talk.  Please, any information at all will help me here.  Thanks!

David Beach
Research & Development
Neptec Design Group Ltd.  (www.neptec.com)

2. asking

3. FAQs on how to wire your home for CAT5/data/voice/etc

4. TRS 80 model 16/6000

5. FS98 MP Voice Comm - Pilot to Pilot?

6. tms370 assembler

7. Electrical wire versus speaker wire and other low voltage wiring

8. ANN: HawkNL 1.6 beta 4

9. pre wire for voice control ?

10. RF Data comm.

11. IBM comm. ports / Printer data switches

12. Cooperative Data Sharing (CDS), Portable Comm Library