X10 Powermid Problems

Post by EXCHANGE:QUAL:C9 » Sat, 17 Jul 1999 04:00:00

In my home theatre, I sit 90 degrees from the axis of the remote sensors of
my H/W.  My Marantz RC-2000 MkII cannot control my cable box or VCR
from this position, although the original remotes can.  I ordered the X10
Powermid controller to rectify this situation.

I placed the unit without the antenna in the wall unit, facing my chair, and
the unit with the antenna on a table directly across the room (approx 8 ft)
from the equipment.  I found the performance to be less than satisfcatory,
with most keypresses being ignored even though the LED on the Powermid
unit in the wall unit kept lighting.  This would occasionally control my devices,
but would more often than not fail.

My DVD Anywhere arrived this week, along with the 8-in-1 remote.  I set
this up to transmit from the home theatre to my bedroom, and moved the
Powermid unit without the antenna to the bedroom.  The other unit remained
where it was, with an unobstructed view of the H/W.  The Powermid still
would not send my remote codes from the bedroom to the living room.

Any suggestions as to what might be wrong?  I live in a high-rise condo, so
the distance from the bedroom to the living room should not be out of range
for the Powermid.  I tried the unit with the antenna in different positions and
with the antenna up and down, to no avail.  Anybody else having trouble
with this product?

Regards,

Scott Campbell

X10 Powermid Problems

Post by Robert » Sat, 17 Jul 1999 04:00:00

You might try placing the PowerMid receiver (with antenna) near your AV
equipment, and connecting stick-emitters to the jack on the back.  The
stick-on emitters are connected directly to your AV equipment.  We offer
several type of these stick-on emitters.

Another option is to try a different type of IR remote extender.  We offer a
type where the IR sensor attaches to the front of your remote(s).   The
receiver (with antenna) is placed across from the AV equipment.  When you
press a button on the IR remote, the IR signal is converted to RF and sent
to the receiver, where it is converted back to IR (like the PowerMids).  The
difference is that the remote doesn't have to be pointed anywhere in
particular and can be operated in a different room because the IR sensor is
attached to the remote.  You can also purchase additional IR sensors to
attach to additional remotes.

Please send us an e-mail if you have any questions about this product.

Robert
RCI Automation

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/rciautomation

>In my home theatre, I sit 90 degrees from the axis of the remote sensors of
>my H/W.  My Marantz RC-2000 MkII cannot control my cable box or VCR
>from this position, although the original remotes can.  I ordered the X10
>Powermid controller to rectify this situation.

>I placed the unit without the antenna in the wall unit, facing my chair,
and
>the unit with the antenna on a table directly across the room (approx 8 ft)
>from the equipment.  I found the performance to be less than satisfcatory,
>with most keypresses being ignored even though the LED on the Powermid
>unit in the wall unit kept lighting.  This would occasionally control my
devices,
>but would more often than not fail.

>My DVD Anywhere arrived this week, along with the 8-in-1 remote.  I set
>this up to transmit from the home theatre to my bedroom, and moved the
>Powermid unit without the antenna to the bedroom.  The other unit remained
>where it was, with an unobstructed view of the H/W.  The Powermid still
>would not send my remote codes from the bedroom to the living room.

>Any suggestions as to what might be wrong?  I live in a high-rise condo, so
>the distance from the bedroom to the living room should not be out of range
>for the Powermid.  I tried the unit with the antenna in different positions
and
>with the antenna up and down, to no avail.  Anybody else having trouble
>with this product?

>Regards,

>Scott Campbell

1. powermid/X10 interface problems

I have been trying to get my X10 (one for all) IR interface working.
It works fine if I am in the same room but if I extend the IR with
an X10 powermid it stops working. I can see that an IR signal is
being transmitted but the IR interface doesnt see it. Anyone else have
this problem or have a solution?
--

Voice: 614-895-2552 (eves/weekends)

2. Hard Wired IR Control

3. FS: PowerHouse Powermid X10 Infrared Extendors

4. Missed opportunities

5. PowerHouse Powermid X10 Infrared Extendors

6. Innodb foreign keys names

7. X10 Powermid transmitter range?

8. Visual Basic proggers: I *have* to buy it...

9. X10 Powermid's Failing (IR repeater)

10. Problems with PowerMid

11. PowerMid problems

12. Problem with X-10 "Powermid" IR/radio units

13. Powermid learning problems