Radio Shack Security Question

Post by John » Thu, 29 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Greetings All,
        I have a Radio Shack security system, wireless type. I have installed
several of the door and window sensors successfully, however, I cannot
seem to get the one in the unheated garage to work on the back door. Is
it too far away from the unit or is it just that they cannot work in the
cold...often 10 to 20 degrees there. Is it that the batteries lose their
power there or should I be looking for other reasons. Basically, can the
sensors work in the cold???. Thanks for any input...

John W

Radio Shack Security Question

Post by Jean-Claude Desino » Fri, 30 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Greetings All,
>    I have a Radio Shack security system, wireless type. I have
installed
> several of the door and window sensors successfully, however, I cannot
> seem to get the one in the unheated garage to work on the back door. Is
> it too far away from the unit or is it just that they cannot work in the
> cold...often 10 to 20 degrees there. Is it that the batteries lose their
> power there or should I be looking for other reasons. Basically, can the
> sensors work in the cold???. Thanks for any input...

  I do not know how low the sensors will go, I recently experienced them
working at 1.5 degrees Celcius, or around 35 Farenheit, and they were OK.

  One possibility is the battery voltage dropping, that could cause erratic
behaviour.

  For that one door, you could try changing the wire for a longer one, so
the magnets will be in the cold but the transmitter will be in a warmer
area.

        Jean-Claude

Radio Shack Security Question

Post by Kevin Cro » Mon, 02 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Try moving the base unit closer to the sensor as a test when it is cold.  If it
works when moved closer you know that it is the range of the signal.  If it still
does not work you can suspect that it is the temperature.

Kevin C.

> Greetings All,
>         I have a Radio Shack security system, wireless type. I have installed
> several of the door and window sensors successfully, however, I cannot
> seem to get the one in the unheated garage to work on the back door. Is
> it too far away from the unit or is it just that they cannot work in the
> cold...often 10 to 20 degrees there. Is it that the batteries lose their
> power there or should I be looking for other reasons. Basically, can the
> sensors work in the cold???. Thanks for any input...

> John W

1. Question About Radio Shack Home Security System

I don't have the part # handy, but my new RS security
system beeps and flashes a lamp module when tripped.
I would like to add a loud siren, but I probably would
need an appliance module trigger.  What could be done
here?  I was envisioning using a night light plugged into
a lamp module with a photocell taped to it to short-circuit
that X10 sensor which would turn on an appliance module on
another channel.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Ross Russell

2. Questions with EZCD Deluxe

3. Radio Shack Sensors with Honeywell Security System

4. Scheduling strategies

5. Radio Shack X10 security system

6. Upgrade

7. Radio Shack X-10 "wireless security system" on sale 49-2551 $129.99

8. Help with error message - the solution

9. buy X10 or Radio Shack security system ?

10. X-10 / Radio Shack ORCA-monitored Security Sys.

11. X-10 Security system from Radio Shack

12. Radio Shack 49-485 Security System Keypad Emulation