Controller area Network

Post by STEVE » Sat, 09 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Is There anyone who knows much about this protocol, at present it is widely
used in the automotive industry, with some small use in home automation. My
university project is to try and develop a range of devices to use a CAN bus
in home automation. I am still in the research stage so any information
would be helpful. I am particularly interested in info on interfaces,
Microcontrollers and development kits, for programming the microcontrallers.

Thanks
Richard W. Steven

Controller area Network

Post by Steve Letkema » Sat, 09 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi Richard,

   CAN is very popular in industrial automation as well.  Honeywell's
SDS and Devicenet are based on CAN.  We offer a number of
different CAN interfaces as well as a HC11 based board that
allows you to download and debug your software right across the
CAN network.  You should also check out the CAN mailing list

Archives http://www.scruz.net/~cichlid/can-archive

Also, check out this page for general information
http://www.omegas.co.uk/CAN/

I have been working on a CAN protocol for home automation and
will release it soon to this newsgroup.

Good luck,

Steve
Zanthic Technologies Inc. located at    http://www.zanthic.com
Controller Area Network boards for HC11, ISA/PC104 and Parallel
I/O boards for ISA and Parallel, Win95/98 and NT drivers included

>Is There anyone who knows much about this protocol, at present it is widely
>used in the automotive industry, with some small use in home automation. My
>university project is to try and develop a range of devices to use a CAN
bus
>in home automation. I am still in the research stage so any information
>would be helpful. I am particularly interested in info on interfaces,
>Microcontrollers and development kits, for programming the
microcontrallers.

>Thanks
>Richard W. Steven

1. Stand-Alone CAN-Module (Controller-Area-Network)

Hello,

I write my Diplomawork and look up for a small extension a small
CAN-Module that it
permits an adjustable resistance over the CAN-Bus to control. The
company
OR-Computers offers a Compact ACN module with 24 similar outputs.
This module is excessive for my application.Does someone have an idea or
can a company call itself
drives out?
Thank you!

Best regards

Andreas Dieter

Please you transmit a copy of the response Postings also to my eMail

2. MILL.M - An invitation to play

3. PCI card with Controller Area Network Interface

4. Pdf printing

5. Mailing list for CAN (Controller Area Network)

6. Problem with DECServer 900

7. Controller Area Network (CAN) WWW page

8. Help is appreciated

9. Controller Area Network

10. PCI card with Controller Area Network Interface

11. Stand-Alone CAN-Module(Controller-Area-Network)

12. How do I use my XboX on a Local Area Network?

13. Need to buy network stuffs for residential area