Home Automation info in the NE wanted

Post by Bruce Stock » Tue, 29 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Greetings,

     Does anyone have a source of installers that are located in the North
East?  We're thinking about building, and would like to incorporate some
functions in to our house.

     Is CE-Bus the way to go?  Suggestions / comments PLEASE!

Thanks,

Bruce Stocker

Post by David Gaddi » Sat, 02 Sep 1995 04:00:00

>Greetings,

>     Does anyone have a source of installers that are located in the North
>East?  We're thinking about building, and would like to incorporate some
>functions in to our house.

Check out the FAQ at http://www.hometeam.com

Installers are under "Service Providers" about two thirds of the
way down the main menu, and you can select by country and state.

Quote:>     Is CE-Bus the way to go?  Suggestions / comments PLEASE!

Depends on where you are going.  If I were building now, I'd certainly
include CEBus considerations (i.e. dual coax/4 twisted pair com wiring
to several walls in every room - look under the category of
"Communications Resources"), but if you want lighting controls,
there is still a poor supply of CEBus switches, receptacles, and
controllers, and they are also expensive by many people's standards.

Regards,

David

The HOME TEAM> http://www.hometeam.com
the FAQ for comp.home.automation

Post by David Mittnac » Sat, 02 Sep 1995 04:00:00

>Greetings,

>     Does anyone have a source of installers that are located in the
North
>East?  We're thinking about building, and would like to incorporate some
>functions in to our house.

>     Is CE-Bus the way to go?  Suggestions / comments PLEASE!

>Thanks,

>Bruce Stocker

North East of what?  The NE quadrant of the world includes Europe and
most of Asia.  The furthest North you can go is the North pole where
there is no East or West.  If you go East first, you get to the
international date line which is mostly over water.

Seriously, though, I'm in Perth, Western Australia and browse this
newsgroup a lot.  I also personally know someone in Hong Kong who does
the same.  The Internet is a wonderful WORLD WIDE communications medium
and we should all start to recognise this.

P.S.  This isn't all sour grapes.  I was born and raised in the MidWest
(of the USA) and still hold USA citizenship and am proud of that.

Home Automation info in the NE wanted

Post by ETP0 » Fri, 08 Sep 1995 04:00:00

As for Installers in the NE, check with the CEDIA orgainzation in Dallas,
Texas at 1800-669-5329
If you want to understand CEBus contact Intellon in Florida and ask for my
good pal John Teegen 904-237-7416 tell him Mike in Seattle told you to
call him.

Home Automation info in the NE wanted

Post by WorthDi » Sat, 09 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Give us a call at Worthington Distribution 1-800-282-8864,
we will supply a list of installing dealers in New England.

Home Automation info in the NE wanted

Post by Debbie Alle » Tue, 12 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Try Home Automation Systems, Inc. on-line catalog.
http://www.smarthome.com/smarthome/index.html
I hope this catalog will be of some assistance to you.

Deborah Allen