IBM x10 switches= $45 can.? good deal?

Post by Dennis Heidne » Mon, 10 Jul 2000 04:00:00

No, that is very pricey.  Check for close outs at www.x10.com and
www.smarthome.com

IBM x10 switches= $45 can.? good deal?

Post by Andre » Tue, 11 Jul 2000 04:00:00

hi there, there is a place selling ibm x10 switches( includes white & ivory
plates) for 45 canadian, is this a good deal?
any info on ibm switches ( can they be used to dim halogen track lites

andrew

IBM x10 switches= $45 can.? good deal?

Post by Kevin Daviso » Tue, 11 Jul 2000 04:00:00

If you're in the area, IBM has a factory outlet at their plant in the
Toronto area. They have several bins of IBM labelled X-10 hardware. The
pricing wasn't great but it was better than $45.

Quote:> hi there, there is a place selling ibm x10 switches( includes white &
ivory
> plates) for 45 canadian, is this a good deal?
> any info on ibm switches ( can they be used to dim halogen track lites

> andrew

IBM x10 switches= $45 can.? good deal?

Post by Rob Tolma » Wed, 12 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I'm in the Toronto area, where is that outlet store located??

Rob

>If you're in the area, IBM has a factory outlet at their plant in the
>Toronto area. They have several bins of IBM labelled X-10 hardware. The
>pricing wasn't great but it was better than $45.

>> hi there, there is a place selling ibm x10 switches( includes white &
>ivory
>> plates) for 45 canadian, is this a good deal?
>> any info on ibm switches ( can they be used to dim halogen track lites

>> andrew

IBM x10 switches= $45 can.? good deal?

Post by Andre » Thu, 13 Jul 2000 04:00:00

ibm warehouse outlet is located at birchmount and 14th avenue(  in markham)
it is the first right after you pass birchmount if you are east bound on
14th avenue

they have lots of socket rockets =10.00 can
some rexx sensors = 20.00 can
etc etc.
andrew

> I'm in the Toronto area, where is that outlet store located??

> Rob

> >If you're in the area, IBM has a factory outlet at their plant in the
> >Toronto area. They have several bins of IBM labelled X-10 hardware. The
> >pricing wasn't great but it was better than $45.

> >> hi there, there is a place selling ibm x10 switches( includes white &
> >ivory
> >> plates) for 45 canadian, is this a good deal?
> >> any info on ibm switches ( can they be used to dim halogen track lites

> >> andrew

1. X-10 Decora switches are a good deal

I just received a bunch of the X-10 Decora switches that they just started
advertising.  They are Home-Pro switches with X-10 labels.  While these are
not the highest quality switches, at $19 a piece (and no premium for 3-ways)
this is a deal.  I am now going to start replacing a lot of switches in
rooms that have three and four way circuits that I would never dream of at
the prices these switches were before.  One nit pick, the slave switches
that come with this have a design where you have to insert the bare wire
into the back and then tighten a screw that clamps down on them.  I found
that this did not bite the wire very well, and when pushing the switch into
the wall the wires often worked loose.  You have to really tighten those
screws to within an inch of their lives.  Order the switches at www.x10.com.

2. HP Jornada 430se - Discontinued?

3. Good deal on IBM Home Director

4. help me for flight sim '98

5. Any good deals on light switches

6. Can anyone send me the very old Microsoft NGWS SDK installer?

7. X10 RCA Bundle - is this a good deal?

8. When to run SP2 on new install

9. 3-way IBM/X10 switch is flickering

10. What's a good 4-8 button X10 switch?

11. SwitchLinc Lite X10 Dimmer Switch any good?

12. Can anybody suggest a good X10 switch solution ???

13. X10 & Track Lighting Cans