Auto vue blinds ir code ??

Post by carl » Mon, 03 Apr 2000 05:00:00

i thought i saw a posting on this not to long ago but dejanews search came
up err not found .  anyway does anyone know the auto vue blind ir codes ??
thanks in advance

Auto vue blinds ir code ??

Post by Steven McLea » Tue, 04 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Try capturing them.
Steve

> i thought i saw a posting on this not to long ago but dejanews search came
> up err not found .  anyway does anyone know the auto vue blind ir codes ??
> thanks in advance

> i thought i saw a posting on this not to long ago but dejanews search came
> up err not found .  anyway does anyone know the auto vue blind ir codes ??
> thanks in advance

Auto vue blinds ir code ??

Post by carl » Tue, 04 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Don't have the remote to capture.  It did not and does not come with them it
is an option.
Thanks

>Try capturing them.
>Steve

>> i thought i saw a posting on this not to long ago but dejanews search
came
>> up err not found .  anyway does anyone know the auto vue blind ir codes
??
>> thanks in advance

>> i thought i saw a posting on this not to long ago but dejanews search
came
>> up err not found .  anyway does anyone know the auto vue blind ir codes
??
>> thanks in advance

Auto vue blinds ir code ??

Post by ND Lindse » Tue, 04 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> Don't have the remote to capture.  It did not and does not come with them it
> is an option.
> Thanks

Bummer! How do they expect you to use it? Where did you buy it?

Nathan

Auto vue blinds ir code ??

Post by R.V.C. Tink » Wed, 05 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I bought mine at Home Depot.  The IR remote is an option because you
can press a button on the headrail that will operate the blinds
without the remote.

I would like the IR code as well, but what I would really like since I
ran wires to each headrail for this, would be to have the external
wire connections reverse engineered so I don't have to do it and can
thus provide power and control through the wires I ran to each unit.
I will provide power down a couple of wires (eliminating the
batteries) and control down some more which originate from a home
automation controller driven by HAL2000.  I just haven't had time to
do this yet, so if somebody knows the pinouts and their functions,
please do tell!

Rick

On Mon, 03 Apr 2000 17:34:46 -0500, ND Lindsey

>> Don't have the remote to capture.  It did not and does not come with them it
>> is an option.
>> Thanks

>Bummer! How do they expect you to use it? Where did you buy it?

>Nathan

Auto vue blinds ir code ??

Post by Claus V » Wed, 05 Apr 2000 04:00:00

How much were they?  Do you have a stock number?

TIA,

Claus V.

>I bought mine at Home Depot.  The IR remote is an option because you
>can press a button on the headrail that will operate the blinds
>without the remote.

Auto vue blinds ir code ??

Post by R.V.C. Tink » Fri, 07 Apr 2000 04:00:00

The blinds are ordered custom to your home - you choose the color,
size, and style (tilt blinds or diamond cell, etc.) and then you ADD
the AutoVue option.  The AutoVue option for most blinds was about $40
extra if I remember correctly.   Sorry - I do not have the exact
amount with me, but your mileage may vary anyway depending upon the
type of blinds that you get.

The thing I liked about them is that the headrail is not some huge 2"
thing that sticks out more than the blinds - it is a standard size
headrail for mini-blinds, which is what I like.  Installation was not
difficult at all, and I am up and running with them motorized on
batteries until I find the time to reverse-engineer the wiring and
convert them over to hard-wired.

Rick

>How much were they?  Do you have a stock number?

>TIA,

>Claus V.

>>I bought mine at Home Depot.  The IR remote is an option because you
>>can press a button on the headrail that will operate the blinds
>>without the remote.

Auto vue blinds ir code ??

Post by Claus V » Fri, 07 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Thanks - my local Depot doesn't carry a lot of "spiffy" stuff.  At least now
I know what to ask for.

Claus V.

>The blinds are ordered custom to your home - you choose the color,
>size, and style (tilt blinds or diamond cell, etc.) and then you ADD
>the AutoVue option.  The AutoVue option for most blinds was about $40
>extra if I remember correctly.   Sorry - I do not have the exact
>amount with me, but your mileage may vary anyway depending upon the
>type of blinds that you get.

>The thing I liked about them is that the headrail is not some huge 2"
>thing that sticks out more than the blinds - it is a standard size
>headrail for mini-blinds, which is what I like.  Installation was not
>difficult at all, and I am up and running with them motorized on
>batteries until I find the time to reverse-engineer the wiring and
>convert them over to hard-wired.

>Rick

>>How much were they?  Do you have a stock number?

>>TIA,

>>Claus V.

>>>I bought mine at Home Depot.  The IR remote is an option because you
>>>can press a button on the headrail that will operate the blinds
>>>without the remote.

Auto vue blinds ir code ??

Post by Sarah Bellu » Fri, 07 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I have an Auto Vue and the remote.  But, I haven't figured out how to read the
code.  My "programmable" remote doesn't recognize the Auto Vue's burst.  Got
any suggestions?

> i thought i saw a posting on this not to long ago but dejanews search came
> up err not found .  anyway does anyone know the auto vue blind ir codes ??
> thanks in advance

Auto vue blinds ir code ??

Post by Claus V » Fri, 07 Apr 2000 04:00:00

What brand/model of programmable remote do you have?

Claus V.

>I have an Auto Vue and the remote.  But, I haven't figured out how to read
the
>code.  My "programmable" remote doesn't recognize the Auto Vue's burst.
Got
>any suggestions?

>> i thought i saw a posting on this not to long ago but dejanews search
came
>> up err not found .  anyway does anyone know the auto vue blind ir codes
??
>> thanks in advance

Auto vue blinds ir code ??

Post by Claus V » Sat, 08 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I'm thinking of getting the Auto Vue units myself - if I do I'll try them on
the X-10 learning remote.

Claus V.

>I've got a Realistic Universal Remote Control (15-1901).  It's very old but
>quite talented.  When I point the Auto Vue remote at the Radio Shack
remote, I
>get an error message.  I haven't seen that happen with IR before.

>I also have a 6 in 1.  Haven't gotten the shade to respond to it either.

>There's another one around here somewhere.  If you know of another remote
that
>will work, please let me know.  I sure would like to automate the shades.

>> What brand/model of programmable remote do you have?

>> Claus V.

Auto vue blinds ir code ??

Post by Sarah Bellu » Sun, 09 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I've got a Realistic Universal Remote Control (15-1901).  It's very old but
quite talented.  When I point the Auto Vue remote at the Radio Shack remote, I
get an error message.  I haven't seen that happen with IR before.

I also have a 6 in 1.  Haven't gotten the shade to respond to it either.

There's another one around here somewhere.  If you know of another remote that
will work, please let me know.  I sure would like to automate the shades.

> What brand/model of programmable remote do you have?

> Claus V.

Auto vue blinds ir code ??

Post by Mark Morisset » Mon, 10 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>I bought mine at Home Depot.  The IR remote is an option because you
>can press a button on the headrail that will operate the blinds
>without the remote.

Wouldn't this lend itself to just using an X10 Universal Module to
control them, then?

Someone else mentioned that they are battery operated, so this
obviously means that the blinds themselves (And most importantly, the
switch) is low voltage, so if someone was able to open up the blinds
control's and wire in the universal module, it could be quickly
programmed to work via X-10..  :-)

---
Mark,  Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

Auto vue blinds ir code ??

Post by R.V.C. Tink » Tue, 11 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Certainly you can!  I have, however, run wires for both power and
control so that I do not have the expense or potential unsightliness
of the universal modules.  It would work fine though.  There is a
connector on the end of the blinds for optional accessories, such as a
sunlight detector for automatic open/close operation, and this is
where I think it would not be too hard to hack in some wires for
direct control - I just have to figure it out which is why I was
wondering if somebody had already done that.  The universal modual
control would be a breeze just hacking into the pushbutton that it
comes with since you can have momentary closure on the module - it
would be no different than the button.  I would like to know when it
is open or closed, so I want separate controls for open and close.

Rick

>>I bought mine at Home Depot.  The IR remote is an option because you
>>can press a button on the headrail that will operate the blinds
>>without the remote.

>Wouldn't this lend itself to just using an X10 Universal Module to
>control them, then?

>Someone else mentioned that they are battery operated, so this
>obviously means that the blinds themselves (And most importantly, the
>switch) is low voltage, so if someone was able to open up the blinds
>control's and wire in the universal module, it could be quickly
>programmed to work via X-10..  :-)

>---
>Mark,  Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

1. IR clean in Vue Scan 7.1.16 - preview and other things

Ed

I've had a quick look at the latest version of VueScan 7.1.16 and it
seems to work fine with the ScanWit 2740S.  In fact, I love the new
"restore fading" option - it reproduces slides a lot more accurately
with it switched on.  Preview seems to work very well too, although when
IR clean is turned on it seems to smudge it a bit much.  Could this be
due to the fact that a smaller cleaning radius should be used in the IR
cleaning algorithm since the preview window is pretty small?  I'll do
more testing soon and inform you if I find anything.

On a related note, would it be possible to give the user a slider (or an
entry box) next to the IR clean checkbox which would tell VueScan how
agressive the defect algorithm should be?  This should be simple to
implement, and it would give the user the choice to only do a gentle
clean, or on scans which will allow it to be really agressive.

One a further related note, since VueScan holds the scans in memory
after performing the initial passes, you could also help VueScan
overcome problems with the RGB and IR scans not always lining up
properly by giving the user an input box where they could tell VueScan
how many pixels to shift the IR scan to the left or the right (there's
no need to shift them in the other axis since the film holders move only
in the one axis).

These are just some ideas which I thought it would be nice to see
implemented.

Thanks heaps for the continued work on VueScan though!

Cheers

Nicole

2. MuP21

3. Auto-Tilt Blind Controller

4. SDL ROM update for Courier V. Everything

5. Master IR remote (was Re: Wanted - IR CODES)

6. VPN - W98 TS CLient - and W2000 SP2

7. IR Commander IR Codes

8. FS: CyberstormPPC 604/200 060/50 128 MB Ram

9. IR/RF & IR Remotes & Unit Codes Above 9

10. IR Blinds and Frequency

11. IR Mini Blind Control

12. embedding java code in auto generated code

13. Company who uses RC5 code (IR codes)