X-10 Inc. Warranty dilemma.

Post by Bryce Dost » Mon, 10 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Last summer I became a proud owner of an X-10 system. Unfortunately,
after a month of use the PS561 module developed a critical problem.
Basically, once triggered you could not turn the alarm off, and then in
general the controls would not work properly.

I have tried, in vain, repeatedly to get ahold of X-10 Inc tech support.
No one ever seems to answer.

My 12 months will soon be up, and if this thing doesn't get fixed...well,
my wife does not exactly want us to invest more in the system.

Have others encountered difficulty in this matter?  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
BRYCE.
--

Opinions I express are not necessarily my own - BRYCE :)

X-10 Inc. Warranty dilemma.

Post by Gordon Wils » Wed, 12 Apr 1995 04:00:00

: Last summer I became a proud owner of an X-10 system. Unfortunately,
: after a month of use the PS561 module developed a critical problem.
: Basically, once triggered you could not turn the alarm off, and then in
: general the controls would not work properly.

: I have tried, in vain, repeatedly to get ahold of X-10 Inc tech support.
: No one ever seems to answer.
  I just phoned them monday and got through on the first ring.
It was not an 800 number, I believe the area code was 201.
Please email me if you want it, and I will bring it to work.
gordon

X-10 Inc. Warranty dilemma.

Post by Bryce Dost » Wed, 12 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Hi All,

Steven Lindell was kind enough to send me some email with X10 Inc. email

They have sent me email promising an exchange for the defective unit
within a couple of weeks.

I'm a happy camper!

Thanks,
BRYCE.
--

Opinions I express are not necessarily my own - BRYCE :)

1. WTT: X-10 for my X-10 or software

I'm looking for a few X-10 components, and I have a few others I can trade.
Specifically, I need:

SR227 split receptacle (4)
WS4777 3-way wall switch (3)
CS277 companion switch
SP544A motion detector

I have available to trade:

PF284 powerflash interface (4)
TW523 powerline interface (2)
RR501 transceiver/appliance module (Radio Shack)

I also have a number of software titles I'd be happy to trade - Web site
design tools, Web servers, offline Web browsers, TCP/IP stacks/utilities,
network backup software, network traffic monitoring software, antivirus
software ... even a few kids' educational games. Ask if you have any
particular needs.

Lee Schlesinger

2. Response to LVN_DELETEALLITEMS which says, "don't bother me with this again".

3. X-10 or not to X-10

4. Printer needed, lo $ hi qual

5. x-10 Stores with X-10 Parts

6. Money Wish

7. Help with X-10 Floodlight and X-10 VCR Commander

8. FORSALE: Cisco 2501 Enterprise 11.2.X Unused

9. Controlling non X-10 Rf from X-10.

10. X-10 Pro vs. plain old X-10

11. X-10 PRO vs X-10

12. X-10 Wireless gripes / suggestions - Hey X-10 u listening ?

13. FAQ From X-10(USA) Inc.