Structured Cable "Remnants"

Post by Armond Perrett » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 03:44:07

I am in Phase 2 of setting up my new structured cable system in a new
house.  Phase One was getting the mud plates in ahead of the drywall,
drilling a few pilot holes for the subsequent wire pulling exercise, and
nailing up the plywood for the home base panel in the ba*t.

We have now moved in and I am allowed to continue now that it's my house.  I
have now pulled 8 of 10 "stations" with Smarthome's 2 coax/2 Cat5e
vinyl-wrapped cable.  I bought a 500' spool and now find that I have only
about 90 feet left.  This will do only 1 of the 2 remaining runs, but not
both.

I am wondering of there is anywhere to get a 100 ' piece of this wrapped
cable (and not an entire 500' spool), or whether I will simply have to pull
2 coax and 2 Cat5 separate wires.  Also, if the latter, what do the pros
"wrap" wire bundles with?

--
Good luck and good sailing.
s/v Kerry Deare of Barnegat

Structured Cable "Remnants"

Post by Bruce » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 09:03:57

You might find an electrical supply house or low voltage contractor
locally who will sell by the foot. Otherwise, just run separate cables.
They don't need to be wrapped with anything but if you want you can
bundle them with ty-wraps (loosely!).

Quote:> I am in Phase 2 of setting up my new structured cable system in a new