Apex Destiny 6100

Post by Jerr » Fri, 06 Apr 2001 09:04:11

I am considering purchasing an Apex Destiny 6100 Alarm Panel. Is there
anyone out there that uses this panel? If so, I would like to hear your
comments (good & bad) about this panel. My application includes the
typical home security stuff using about 12 to 14 hardwired zones, and
two or three keypads. I plan to use the serial RS-232 module to log
alarm & sensor events on a PC. I plan to use the device to call my cell
phone and another landline phone on alarm conditions (i.e. no third
party monitoring). My main area of interest is in the area of remote
phone access, remote listen-in functions and local/remote voice
announcements. I may also use 1 or 2 TS16 temperature sensors. I will
also use the unit for some basic home automation functions using the
optional 8 relay output card and possibly X10.

Thanks,
Jerry

Apex Destiny 6100

Post by Jacob Ashbur » Fri, 06 Apr 2001 17:09:09

No one I know uses Apex- the panels are supposedly great but a little
'quirky.'  I suppose quirky in this case just means no one has much
experience with them.

Apex is a top-of-line product.

I knew an installer (since dead) that loved them.  He put a fair amount of
them into old expensive homes.

Try alt.security.alarms (we fight a lot over there also).  Two Apex guys
have popped up from time to time.

Based upon what you have written, nothing seems beyond the Apex's
capabilities.

I know all the 'no monitoring arguments.'   You really should reconsider
that.  Be a shame to lose all your hard earned 'goodies' (or your life) when
the person on the other end of that land line didn't answer or the line was
busy.  If you're married and have kids they would sure appreciate someone
with a badge showing up during a break-in instead of just another victim.
You do have a gun, right?

Jake-
(I am an alarm installer.  I am biased about a lot of things)

Quote:> I am considering purchasing an Apex Destiny 6100 Alarm Panel. Is there
> anyone out there that uses this panel? If so, I would like to hear your
> comments (good & bad) about this panel. My application includes the
> typical home security stuff using about 12 to 14 hardwired zones, and
> two or three keypads. I plan to use the serial RS-232 module to log
> alarm & sensor events on a PC. I plan to use the device to call my cell
> phone and another landline phone on alarm conditions (i.e. no third
> party monitoring). My main area of interest is in the area of remote
> phone access, remote listen-in functions and local/remote voice
> announcements. I may also use 1 or 2 TS16 temperature sensors. I will
> also use the unit for some basic home automation functions using the
> optional 8 relay output card and possibly X10.

> Thanks,
> Jerry

Apex Destiny 6100

Post by F.Krau » Sun, 15 Apr 2001 11:41:45

>I am considering purchasing an Apex Destiny 6100 Alarm Panel. Is there
>anyone out there that uses this panel? If so, I would like to hear your
>comments (good & bad) about this panel. My application includes the
>typical home security stuff using about 12 to 14 hardwired zones, and
>two or three keypads. I plan to use the serial RS-232 module to log
>alarm & sensor events on a PC. I plan to use the device to call my cell
>phone and another landline phone on alarm conditions (i.e. no third
>party monitoring). My main area of interest is in the area of remote
>phone access, remote listen-in functions and local/remote voice
>announcements. I may also use 1 or 2 TS16 temperature sensors. I will
>also use the unit for some basic home automation functions using the
>optional 8 relay output card and possibly X10.

>Thanks,
>Jerry

I work for an alarm company in DC Metro area.  APEX panels are all we
install.  They are very easy to install and program.  If you want the
panel to call you during alarm conditions, buy an APEX 6100AN.  The AN
panel is the same cost, but can do alpha-numeric paging.  The cell
phone/land line calling will dial, however all you would hear is the
digital dialer attempting to connect to a central station computer.
It would be a modem tone attempting to connect.

Another nice feature of the panel is you can arm/disarm from any
phone, anywhere.  The panel will turn any phone on the same line into
a keypad by pressing *# .  You could save the cost of the additional
keypads and still be able to arm the system from your bedside phone.
Install one keypad at the main entry (Garage) for arm/disarm when
coming and going from the house.

I have programmed X10 automation for activating lights from the keypad
and during alarm conditions.  I have also hooked the panel to door
strikes, to allow off premise unlatching of the strike by calling the
panel from any phone.

Feel free to email me if you have any other questions.

Frank Krauch
Digital Security, Inc.

1. apex destiny 6100 anybody tried this one ??

i am comparing several systems ie:dsc power 832 and home vision for combined
security and automation and was wondering if anyone had tried the destine
6100 from apes (ademco) as to its x-10 capabilities.  does it retain
programming as the new house is on a barrier island and is prone to several
power outages (only shot ones 5 to 10 min) frequently ??
thanks in advance
carl

nospam

2. Australian Transputer & OCCAM Conference/Exhibition

3. Apex destiny 6100

4. Wanted IBM sound/SVGA card for around $125-140

5. Apex Destiny Alarm Panel

6. CP/M WEB SITE HAS NEW STUFF

7. Apex Destiny panel download

8. os2 multitasking for real? (UNIX vs OS/2)

9. Apex/Destiny

10. Apex Destiny 6100AN vs. DSC Power 832

11. Apex Destiny Security System....

12. CR230 and Apex Destiny Panel X10 trouble.

13. HAI Ageis/JDS Stargate and Apex Destiny: is it redundant?