Apex/Destiny

Post by Edga » Sun, 18 Feb 2001 05:53:02

I'm planning to replace an Apex/Destiny alarm/home automation system. I'm
trying to find a system at least equivalent to it. I have some ideas but I want
some suggestions. Unlike the Apex (pay for the unit but don't touch it), I want
to be able to access the programming and make changes.

Edgar

To reply remove nmn from address

Apex/Destiny

Post by Dan Wrigh » Sun, 18 Feb 2001 06:15:23

Quote:> I'm planning to replace an Apex/Destiny "alarm/home automation" system.
I'm
> trying to find a system at least equivalent to it. I have some ideas but I
want
> some suggestions. Unlike the Apex (pay for the unit but don't touch it), I
want
> to be able to access the programming and make changes.

> Edgar

> To reply remove nmn from address

DIY home security systems are not all that popular with the alarm trade.
Most will refuse to talk to you.

The largest security dealer on the net is www.bass-home.com  Lots of FAQs
and the like, free tech support as well.  He will also get you the access
S/W which almost no other will.  Robert may also be able to get you the
access software for your Apex.

If you are thinking about doing HA with it, look at the Omni from HAI
(www.homeauto.com).  Most security panels do not have the HA features many
of us would like.  I think FutureStandard has a comparison of panels in
terms of HA on their website.
--
Dan Wright
Starwolf Systems

Apex/Destiny

Post by Jerr » Sun, 18 Feb 2001 12:14:38

Hi Edgar,
        I was considering purchasing a Destiny 6100 panel. What things don't
you like about your panel other than not having access to the
programming elements?

Jerry

> I'm planning to replace an Apex/Destiny alarm/home automation system. I'm
> trying to find a system at least equivalent to it. I have some ideas but I want
> some suggestions. Unlike the Apex (pay for the unit but don't touch it), I want
> to be able to access the programming and make changes.

> Edgar

> To reply remove nmn from address

Apex/Destiny

Post by Edga » Wed, 21 Feb 2001 08:32:33

Dan Wright stated..."

>> I'm planning to replace an Apex/Destiny "alarm/home automation" system.
>I'm
>> trying to find a system at least equivalent to it. I have some ideas but I
>want
>> some suggestions. Unlike the Apex (pay for the unit but don't touch it), I
>want
>> to be able to access the programming and make changes.

>> Edgar

>> To reply remove nmn from address

>DIY home security systems are not all that popular with the alarm trade.
>Most will refuse to talk to you.

>The largest security dealer on the net is www.bass-home.com  Lots of FAQs
>and the like, free tech support as well.  He will also get you the access
>S/W which almost no other will.  Robert may also be able to get you the
>access software for your Apex.

>If you are thinking about doing HA with it, look at the Omni from HAI
>(www.homeauto.com).  Most security panels do not have the HA features many
>of us would like.  I think FutureStandard has a comparison of panels in
>terms of HA on their website.
>--
>Dan Wright
>Starwolf Systems

Dan:

I have a copy of the Destiny S/W, but without a manual (I believe there is none,
you have to call Apex for support) I don't have the foggiest idea of how to
begin to program the panel and/or home automation features. Without the access
code I would have to start from scratch. If could see the current program I
could figure it out. Oh well.
I have looked at the Omni I family, the have a separate owners program for the
automation features. Thanks for the info.

Edgar

To reply remove nmn from address

Apex/Destiny

Post by Edga » Wed, 21 Feb 2001 08:42:01

Jerry:
So far that's is my only gripe. Since I cant access the program, I have not
being able to play with the home automation features. I have not being able to
test its limits. The company that installed it, put some HA basic features, then
I have a HomeLinc in which I do most of the HA. Im trying to use only one
system. If you need a change you have to called them to make changes to the HA,
lately it takes 3~4 months to get them to answer me.

Edgar

Jerry stated..."