Isolate individual circuits from X10

Post by Stuart Steven » Wed, 18 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I am currently using X10 in a work environment and I would like
to isolate each circuit using X10 from all other circuits.  I
believe that we have a standard 3 phase environment.  Is there some
filter that can filter a 120volt circuit such that a CP-290 on one
side of the filter can control 30 devices on the same side of the
filter and the filter can prevent other X10 transceivers from
interfering with the CP-290

Post by Phillip E. Kinger » Tue, 24 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> I am currently using X10 in a work environment and I would like
> to isolate each circuit using X10 from all other circuits.
> [...]  Is there some filter that can filter a 120v circuit [...]

We make a 20 amp, hard-wired filter, p/n AF300. It has a 40:1 blocking
ratio at 80kHz-150kHz.  Since you mentioned a 30 loads in your post, it
may be a little more complicated.  I would find if hard to believe that
you have all 30 receivers and load on a single 20 amp circuit.  However,
it may be what you want.  Many of the mail order places handle them, but
if you can't find them, call our office at 800-886-2281 (ask for PCC
sales) and they will tell you a local ESC who has them.  Since we deal
mostly in commercial / industrial work, you can't get our stuff as
easily as Radio Shack.  We sell mostly through independent companies
which we call "ESC's" (Engineered Systems Centers).  There is probably
one near you.

-Phil K.
--
Phillip E. Kingery, PCC Tech Support

 Advanced Control Technologies, Inc.
    Powerline Control Components
Website: http://www.act-solutions.com

1. Isolating Electronic circuits

Hi,

I am 15 years old and building a robot. I would like to isolate each
circuit in my robot from the others so that if something goes wrong I'm
only going to lose one board not the lot.

For example if my motor controller goes haywire I don't won't to have
the possibility of losing my microcontroller board if a hi voltage
signal goes to one of its inputs etc etc.

Does anyone know of a chip I could put between digital signals going
from A to B and vise versa which would stop hivoltage signals etc going
through?

I guess what I am saying is I want to blow up a cheap chip instead of
the more expensive chips.

Any hints, help would be great,

Christopher Fairbairn,

or if that fails try

2. Silly Question

3. Creating INDIVIDUAL zip files of many INDIVIDUAL files.

4. Bulk Email Advertise to 28 Million People - $129 - toqik cbze i vqlcek

5. UK Based - X10/Circuit Information

6. Where to find a DNS server?

7. X10 wiring circuit?

8. movable UserControl

9. X10 circuit needed

10. Will the x10 3way switch work in a circuit with a 4way?

11. x10 switch causes buzzing/hot circuit breaker

12. Switching circuits, was X10/Leviton Switch for 3-way Fluorescent ?

13. Looking for X10 ICs or circuit diagrams for mains data TX