Apex Destiny panel download

Post by Edga » Wed, 18 Jul 2001 01:58:40

How can I "download" the programming from the Destiny panel into my computer. I
have the software but I'm not sure how to do it. I would like to download into
my computer the current program. Thanks for your input.

Edgar

To reply remove nmn from address

Apex Destiny panel download

Post by Robert L Bas » Wed, 18 Jul 2001 06:05:16

Before you go any further, please note (and this is *very* important) that
"downloading" is from the PC to the alarm system.  "Uploading" is from the alarm
system to the PC.  The terminology is exactly the opposite of that of
PC-to-Internet transmissions.  Thus, if you connect a fully programmed panel to
your PC with nothing set up in the PC file and then do a download you will wipe
out the panel program.

As to the specifics, Apex is no longer using the software they had when I quit
selling their panels.  Someone else will have to assist you there.  Best of
luck.

Regards,
Robert L Bass

=============================>
Bass Home Electronics
The Online DIY Alarm Store
http://www.Bass-Home.com
4883 Fallcrest Circle
Sarasota, FL 34233
877-722-8900 Sales & Tech Support
941-925-9747 voice (Florida)
941-926-9857 fax

: How can I "download" the programming from the Destiny panel into my computer.
: have the software but I'm not sure how to do it. I would like to download into
: my computer the current program. Thanks for your input.
:
: Edgar
:
: