SNS f connector in Australia

Post by Mick » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 18:58:18

Does anyone know where I can get a Snap & Seal F connector in Australia.
    I have bought some before and they work great.  Tried to buy some
more and got some other brand as apparently the first lot (made by Augat
(Thomas Betts) are no longer available to them.
THe other brand that I got don't fit the tool so they are useless to me.

All help appreciated

Thanks

Mick

SNS f connector in Australia

Post by Chuc » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 00:17:45

Try a search on eBay for Snap N Seal. I came up with 48 results. I'm sure
you can find someone to ship them to you.

> Does anyone know where I can get a Snap & Seal F connector in Australia.
>     I have bought some before and they work great.  Tried to buy some
> more and got some other brand as apparently the first lot (made by Augat
> (Thomas Betts) are no longer available to them.
> THe other brand that I got don't fit the tool so they are useless to me.

> All help appreciated

> Thanks

> Mick

SNS f connector in Australia

Post by Bruce » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 04:25:08

How many do you need? If it's a small amount I have some I can sell you.
 If you need a bunch and no one will ship them to you let me know. You
can have them sent to me in Hawaii and I'll be happy to forward them for
the cost of the postage. I've done this several times for a fellow in
New Zealand who had the same problem. From time to time he orders a
bunch of stuff from different places and I combine and ship to him.
Sometimes I just pick up stuff locally for him too. It takes very little
effort on my part so I'm happy to help.

Quote:> Does anyone know where I can get a Snap & Seal F connector in
Australia.
>     I have bought some before and they work great.  Tried to buy some
> more and got some other brand as apparently the first lot (made by
Augat
> (Thomas Betts) are no longer available to them.
> THe other brand that I got don't fit the tool so they are useless to
me.

> All help appreciated

> Thanks

> Mick

SNS f connector in Australia

Post by Mick » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 06:44:25

Bruce

Thanks you very much for the offer.  I will continue the search locally
first and if I have no luck I will then take you up on your offer.

I had initially ordered 25 off, but if they are going to prove difficult
to get I may order 100 or so so they are available to me when I build my
house. (it is amazing how many you go through when you wire up a few
room to a central location).

Thanks

Mick

> How many do you need? If it's a small amount I have some I can sell you.
>  If you need a bunch and no one will ship them to you let me know. You
> can have them sent to me in Hawaii and I'll be happy to forward them for
> the cost of the postage. I've done this several times for a fellow in
> New Zealand who had the same problem. From time to time he orders a
> bunch of stuff from different places and I combine and ship to him.
> Sometimes I just pick up stuff locally for him too. It takes very little
> effort on my part so I'm happy to help.

>>Does anyone know where I can get a Snap & Seal F connector in

> Australia.

>>    I have bought some before and they work great.  Tried to buy some
>>more and got some other brand as apparently the first lot (made by

> Augat

>>(Thomas Betts) are no longer available to them.
>>THe other brand that I got don't fit the tool so they are useless to

> me.

>>All help appreciated

>>Thanks

>>Mick

SNS f connector in Australia

Post by Mick » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 06:50:09

Not sure which e-bay you are using but I get zero results for Australia,
and only two available to Australia.

Mick

> Try a search on eBay for Snap N Seal. I came up with 48 results. I'm sure
> you can find someone to ship them to you.

>>Does anyone know where I can get a Snap & Seal F connector in Australia.
>>    I have bought some before and they work great.  Tried to buy some
>>more and got some other brand as apparently the first lot (made by Augat
>>(Thomas Betts) are no longer available to them.
>>THe other brand that I got don't fit the tool so they are useless to me.

>>All help appreciated

>>Thanks

>>Mick

SNS f connector in Australia

Post by Mitc » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 15:34:01

Have you thought about using Digicon connectors?  Available from Caspian
Technology (near Syndney):

http://www.caspian.com.au/

Mitch

> Does anyone know where I can get a Snap & Seal F connector in Australia.
>     I have bought some before and they work great.  Tried to buy some
> more and got some other brand as apparently the first lot (made by Augat
> (Thomas Betts) are no longer available to them.
> THe other brand that I got don't fit the tool so they are useless to me.

> All help appreciated

> Thanks

> Mick

SNS f connector in Australia

Post by Insert Name Her » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 17:25:30

I bought a 100 from the us - landed for around $30aud... but then
while waiting I found Radio Parts Melbourne sell them. About $2aus
each

Interestingly Radio Parts do not sell the tool though!

As for the comment of buying 100 for doing your new house - same
here... but friends find out you have them and want 10 to fire up a
new sat box or whatever....

They do not last long at all!!!!

>Does anyone know where I can get a Snap & Seal F connector in Australia.
>    I have bought some before and they work great.  Tried to buy some
>more and got some other brand as apparently the first lot (made by Augat
>(Thomas Betts) are no longer available to them.
>THe other brand that I got don't fit the tool so they are useless to me.

>All help appreciated

>Thanks

>Mick

SNS f connector in Australia

Post by Mick » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 07:37:42

FRriends only get the twist on connectors.  Hey if they do not want to
pay then they get their monies worth.

Thanks for the lead

Mick

> I bought a 100 from the us - landed for around $30aud... but then
> while waiting I found Radio Parts Melbourne sell them. About $2aus
> each

> Interestingly Radio Parts do not sell the tool though!

> As for the comment of buying 100 for doing your new house - same
> here... but friends find out you have them and want 10 to fire up a
> new sat box or whatever....

> They do not last long at all!!!!

>>Does anyone know where I can get a Snap & Seal F connector in Australia.
>>   I have bought some before and they work great.  Tried to buy some
>>more and got some other brand as apparently the first lot (made by Augat
>>(Thomas Betts) are no longer available to them.
>>THe other brand that I got don't fit the tool so they are useless to me.

>>All help appreciated

>>Thanks

>>Mick

SNS f connector in Australia

Post by Mick » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 07:43:29

THanks - I did not know about them, but I already have the crimping
tool, so I won't be buying another one for a different connector

Mick

> Have you thought about using Digicon connectors?  Available from Caspian
> Technology (near Syndney):

> http://www.caspian.com.au/

> Mitch

>>Does anyone know where I can get a Snap & Seal F connector in Australia.
>>    I have bought some before and they work great.  Tried to buy some
>>more and got some other brand as apparently the first lot (made by Augat
>>(Thomas Betts) are no longer available to them.
>>THe other brand that I got don't fit the tool so they are useless to me.

>>All help appreciated

>>Thanks

>>Mick

SNS f connector in Australia

WHere from the US did you buy the connectors?

Post by Insert Name Her » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 09:29:39

>WHere from the US did you buy the connectors?

Cant remember but could find it if you really want it... I would not
recommend them...

1. charged cc immediately - although complained it had been rejected
because it was international and the ANZ bank was unknown... Never had
this problem before, and yes there was plenty of credit on the card...
Somehow after 1 week they had it fixed?
2. did not answer emails
3. finally claimed to have sent it the day after I informed them of my
intention of cancelling the cc charge thru my bank
4. 6 weeks later still no sign of it and another barrage of emails
again
5. They shipped it again with a tracking order number via fedex, and
for my probs gave me a torch (big deal)...
6. Finally got the order - tool and 50 snap ons (I had ordered 100 and
paid for it - but had lost the drive to argue again!!!

Blamed it on a new support person in the store... But I noticed that
the address was completely wrong on the parcel, but the invoice was
correct..

Still want to know where? I'd just buy them off ebay next time!

SNS f connector in Australia

Post by Mick » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 07:10:02

Thanks but no thanks

Mick