1623pc IRLinc & Linux help on RS232 protocol needed

1623pc IRLinc & Linux help on RS232 protocol needed

Post by Teus Hage » Mon, 11 Feb 2002 23:27:18

The IRLinc 1623PC is running fine with Windows software (irlinc.exe)
build from old fashioned basic program. The program can be used on
command line from dos with a filename (e.g. ChannelUp.ir) as argument.

I've narrowed down the byte protocol to be used with this IRLinc device
from Smarthome. It seems to me the device is more capable as just
the irlinc.exe seems to provide (it can learn code which you can adfres from
the PC).

As I want to use this device from a Linux PC I start writing a C program for it.
However I need to know a bit more. Before I start discovering that with a RS232 analyzer
someone may already have that onfo for me?

E.g.
baudrates the device is using. Is it using more as the RTS/CTS signal?

Currently my program hangs on getting the status back to the PC (no answer from IRLinc),
Is there a need to slow down sending bytes?

Any experience?

Thanks

teus

1623pc IRLinc & Linux help on RS232 protocol needed

Post by Mark » Thu, 14 Feb 2002 14:55:36

Hi,

  I just ordered one of these to connect to a linux box also.   I did it
impulsively rather then check at http://www.lirc.org/ which is dedicated to
using IR receivers/transmitters on linux.  I haven't seen any mention of the
IRLinc support, but when I get mine I'll be investigating further.

   I could have gotten this http://irdeo.de/eremote.htm for much less then
what I paid for the IRLinc and I know lirc supports it.

  I hope you'll post a follow up message.

Thanks,
MarkV.

Quote:> The IRLinc 1623PC is running fine with Windows software (irlinc.exe)
> build from old fashioned basic program. The program can be used on
> command line from dos with a filename (e.g. ChannelUp.ir) as argument.

> I've narrowed down the byte protocol to be used with this IRLinc device
> from Smarthome. It seems to me the device is more capable as just
> the irlinc.exe seems to provide (it can learn code which you can adfres
from
> the PC).

> As I want to use this device from a Linux PC I start writing a C program
for it.
> However I need to know a bit more. Before I start discovering that with a
RS232 analyzer
> someone may already have that onfo for me?

> E.g.
> baudrates the device is using. Is it using more as the RTS/CTS signal?

> Currently my program hangs on getting the status back to the PC (no answer
from IRLinc),
> Is there a need to slow down sending bytes?

> Any experience?

> Thanks

> teus

1. 1623PC (PC to IR Linc) and Linux

Hi all,

I've confirmed that my 1623PC works great with the software
provided for a windows box.  Before I reinvent the wheel, I was
hoping someone could point me in the direction of Linux software
that provides the same capabilities (sending arbitrary library
IR signals and learning arbitrary new signals).

Thanks in advance,
Wade

2. Matrox and NexGen

3. Galaxy RS232 protocol help (Ademco /Microtech)

4. FS: Cisco/Stratacom AXIS

5. need protocol analyzer for RS232

6. Sportster ISDN under Windows Millenium

7. Need Help w/ Wyse60 & Redhat Linux

8. Modify content?

9. Help Needed : Crestron RS232 codes for Sharp XGXV-1E Projector

10. rs232 C programming need help

11. 8051/rs232 help needed

12. newbie need help for rs232

13. Napco Gemini rs232 protocol