Russound CAV6

Post by Jim Davi » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 21:32:14

Does anyone know the correct connection to get video on a Russound CAV6?  I
am connecting a DSS and have audio but no video.  I have a RCA cable from
the CAV A/V Zone Output to the RG-6 in the house.  Is this the correct
connection or should the RCA be connected to the Source A/V Out?

Thanks for any information.

Russound CAV6

Post by Robert L. Bas » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 00:31:07

Connect the video plus left & right audio inputs to the outputs of each
source device (see the diagram on page 29 of the installation manual).  Note
that there are 3 inputs and 3 loop through outputs for each of the six
sources.  Unless you are feeding the sources to a HT system you don't need
the loop through connections.

Next connect the outputs to your TV and amplifier.  Look at the diagram on
page 33.  Connect the video output of any zone to the video (line) input --
NOT the "antenna" connection -- on the back of your TV and select "Line"
rather than a channel on the TV.  Likewise connect the L & R audio outputs
from the CAV6.6 to the line level audio inputs on the TV.  The procedure is
analogous to connection a VCR to the TV.

If you're still not getting video, call me and I'll try to walk you through
it.

Regards,
Robert

=============================>
Bass Home Electronics, Inc
2291 Pine View Circle
Sarasota Florida 34231
877-722-8900 Sales & Tech Support
941-925-9747 Fax
941-232-0791 Wireless
Nextel Private ID - 161*21755*1
http://www.bass-home.com

Quote:> Does anyone know the correct connection to get video on a Russound CAV6?