getting around radio shack motion detectors

getting around radio shack motion detectors

I am wondering if anyone knows how to get by or deactivate the

Post by Bard » Tue, 31 Dec 2002 20:48:49

> I am wondering if anyone knows how to get by or deactivate the
> RadioShack motion detectors.

Why? You planning a burglary or something?!

Post by Ia » Wed, 01 Jan 2003 06:12:38

> > I am wondering if anyone knows how to get by or deactivate the
> > RadioShack motion detectors.

> Why? You planning a burglary or something?!

No I am just trying to figure out how reliable these things can be.

Post by Bob La Lond » Wed, 01 Jan 2003 11:03:54

> > > I am wondering if anyone knows how to get by or deactivate the
> > > RadioShack motion detectors.

> > Why? You planning a burglary or something?!

> No I am just trying to figure out how reliable these things can be.

Motion sensors, like any detection device should be part of a whole security
system.

Door and window contacts.  Window alarm screens or vent switches if you want
ventilation on your perimeter.  Back it up with quality acoustic glassbreaks
like the Caddx2000 or Intellisense FG1525s.  Put motion sensors on key areas
like your big entertainment room, master bedroom, home office, and certainly in
any room dedicated to an expesive hobby.

Also add item specific detection.  Contact the doors of your liquor cabinet if
you have *agers or will soon.  Certainly contact the doors of your gun
cabinet and lock it.

Add independent sounders on doors that open onto swimming pool areas.

Plant rose bushes or other thorny shrubs under blind windows.

Get a nice security door on your front door.

etc etc etc

A motion sensor should be part of your security system, but you should not
depend on it alone.

Personally I would go with an Aleph XP-40 motion sensor over the one you
suggested.  It is about the same price and has some adjustability.  Also, it
will be consistant.  It will always be made by Aleph.  Radio Shack motions vary
in configuration and could be made by anybody.

--
Bob La Londe

The Security Consultant
http://www.veryComputer.com/
849 S Ave C
Yuma, Az 85364

(928)782-9765 ofc
(928)782-7873 fax

ROC 103044, C-12
ROC 103047, L-67

getting around radio shack motion detectors

Post by The Ali » Wed, 01 Jan 2003 11:05:08

Yes.  I can.  I've even proved it with some other people I know.  But
I won't post it here or anywhere, because what you are asking for can
be potentially illegal to do!

Quote:>I am wondering if anyone knows how to get by or deactivate the
>RadioShack motion detectors.

getting around radio shack motion detectors

Post by Pacific Freigh » Sat, 04 Jan 2003 19:52:13

Jump inside a sleeping bag or thick blanket and walk around at around one
inch per second.

Works well. Kinda hard to do that though when you are carrying a wide screen
TV out the door.

Just kidding. ;-)

-John

Quote:> I am wondering if anyone knows how to get by or deactivate the
> RadioShack motion detectors.

1. Radio Shack IR receider/detector

Hi,

I bought one of those cheap (5$ cdn) IR receiver module from radio shack
a while ago to use in my robot as obstacle detection/collision
avoidance.
I heard those were "cheaper" or at least different of the sharp one
which have a different passband frequency (40Khz vs 38Khz).
Now, last night I plugged in mine to play around with it and after
connecting the +5V and Ground pins to my protoboard I displayed the Vout
pin on my scope's screen. I was surprised to have a high (~5V) signal by
default, but then I remembered that the IR module asserts low when it
detects incoming IR. Anyways, the problem is that even with no IR (I
used a TV remote control as a test) hitting the module the scope kept
showing glitches (low) randomly (I think?) on the screen!

What have I done wrong? is it possible my module is bad or I have a
noise problem? Or is this normal?
I just though that I might ask you guys before trying to implement
anything with my PIC just to prevent a major headache!

Thanks in advance,
Stephane Gauthier

--------
(remove the "TRYME" in my email address to reply)

Sys/Net Admin/Webmaster
Atlantis Scientific Inc.
20 Colonnade Rd. Suite 110
Nepean, Ontario
K2E 7M6
tel: (613) 727-1087
fax: (613) 727-5853
www: www.atlsci.com

2. ltb matra datavision strim

3. Radio Shack IR detector hack?

4. strange lines in .profile

5. Analog Signal/Radio Shack IR Detectors Problem

6. Amiga 1010 exteranl 800k drive $25.00

7. Sharp IR detector, ?? sold at Radio Shack ??

8. changing cyclic functions

9. Stanley Lightmaker radio controlled motion detector light control

10. Motion detector & radio noise

11. Software question Re: Cue cat (Radio Shack)

12. New Scanner from Radio Shack

13. Replacement AC Power cord for XBOX from Radio Shack