Security system interfaces with my X-10 system?

Security system interfaces with my X-10 system?

Post by Richard Gre » Mon, 22 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Is there a way to have my security system tell which LCD panel has disarmed
the alarm, and turn on lights in that given area? - ALSO is there a way that
the CLOSEST light to that panel automatically comes on when the system is
tripped , such as I come in my front door.... and the light above the security
panel turns on so I can easily disarm the system?

Post by Dan Butterfiel » Tue, 23 Jun 1998 04:00:00

>Is there a way to have my security system tell which LCD panel has disarmed
>the alarm, and turn on lights in that given area? - ALSO is there a way
that
>the CLOSEST light to that panel automatically comes on when the system is
>tripped , such as I come in my front door.... and the light above the
security
>panel turns on so I can easily disarm the system?

Why not just have a light go on by all your panels?  Since presumably you
are arriving home to an empty house (thus the need to disarm your system),
this shouldn't disturb anyone.

In my setup (an HAI Aegis security system / X-10 controller) tripping any
entry-exit zone while the system is armed in AWAY mode causes the
transmission of an X-10 signal initiating a PCS SceneMaster light scene that
immediately turns on lights illuminating the main living area of the house
and entry/exit keypads.  This gives you plenty of light to see the house and
the keypad (which is lighted anyway) for disarming the system.

1. X-10 SYSTEM USING X-10 ALARM SYSTEM

I've got a x-10 alarm system with 10 sensors.  Now how does one ... or
can one.. integrate the sensors, alarm systme and x-10 modules.
Something like when the door opens between 5-5:15 do the following
commands..... or as I walk out the door, the alarm is set, garage door
opens.  As I close the door, the house lights flash notifing me that the
alarm is set.

Can the rf sent form the alarm system be read by the x-10 system?

If anyone has mixed the alarm x-10 and the modules let me know.

2. nnnn

3. Need info on hard wired Security system with X-10 interface

4. Docu for RACAL Interlan terminal server?

5. Availability of Voice Recognition interface or system call interface for X-10

6. Blizzard 1230-III SCSI vs. ZIP - HELP!

7. Best Security/X-10 system

8. Scorbot

9. X-10 security system and Hawkeyes?

10. X-10 + PComputer + GSM form remote control of my home and security system ?

11. X-10 Security Systems - Questions

12. X-10's New Security System