Pool Automation

Post by news-server.socal.rr.co » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 09:42:38

We just had some pool-men out working on our pools electrical system (The
GFI was tripping - uh oh). I realized that our current AutoSpaIV (Based on
an X10 system) is nearly 10 years old. We are looking in to having the pool
re-plastered some time soon and I mentioned this pool control system to my
mom: http://www.pentairpool.com/pool_products/controls/intellitouch.htm. My
friend has a really nice control system that makes ours look really bad :-).
I started thinking that I could probably build (or add on to) my own pool
system using the X10 computer interface. We could have the user interface
running on two Iopeners (PC and LCD all in the size of a small LCD screen)
or something similar. What would be the best way to go about this? Right now
the X10 system controls the pool and spa lights, the waterfall boost, the
spa jets, the air spa, and the heater. What I would like is to be able to
see the temp of the pool and spa on the screen. I would also like to be able
to control what the heater is heating and how hot. The problem is the
heaters controls are all analog (Basically and older version of one of
these: http://www.raypak.com/rpspa2.htm). Would there be some way to adapt
the controls to be controlled by the computer also? One last thing is that I
can never tell if the X10 receiver got the command ok, so I always have to
go next to it and listen for a click. I have been doing home automation
searches all day but am still not sure what I need to buy. Any help is
appreciated. Thanks alot!

1. Swimming pool automation: 2 inch water valves

I want to go to the max in the automation of my swimming pool, and
wonder where I can get some decent priced 2 inch water valves. The
idea is to get rid of the manual switch in the filter-house and
replace them with electric valves for each of the water-pipes:
skimmer/Below/Return/Waste/Filter Above/Filter Below....
I am considering to use the Ocelot.
Any Suggestions?

2. CodeManager Update 1.0.3 Available for downloading

3. Swiiming pool automation again..

4. WindowsMe access to DOS COM1

5. Jandy Aqualink RS8 for Swimming Pool Automation

6. Text Align in Arc/Info

7. Swimming pool automation?

8. Swimming Pool Automation

9. Pool/Spa Automation