Apex Destiny Alarm Panel

Post by Jeff Ada » Thu, 23 May 1996 04:00:00

Does anyone have any feedback on Apex's Destiny Alarm panel? It has
some X-10 capability... Seems like maybe a better route to go than the
Ademco Vista series???

Anyone with any opinions, please respond.

Thanks,
Jeff Adams

Apex Destiny Alarm Panel

Post by Kevin Spah » Sat, 25 May 1996 04:00:00

I do.
I went to Molex SmartHouse training and they use the Apex
panel in their set-up. I have also installed it. I think it
is great, I have not used the x-10 stuff on it but you do
have a good deal of flexibility in programing the x-10
operation. Off hand, I think you are limited to 33 x-10
addresses. You can control things from any telephone all
with voice feedback. I also like the ability to listen in to
the site from a remote phone. All this without buy extra
add-on boards.

I don't have any experience with the Ademco panel, so I
can't comment about that.
Kevin Spahr
Spahr Inc.

Apex Destiny Alarm Panel

Post by mstev.. » Sun, 26 May 1996 04:00:00

>Does anyone have any feedback on Apex's Destiny Alarm panel? It has
>some X-10 capability... Seems like maybe a better route to go than the
>Ademco Vista series???
>Anyone with any opinions, please respond.
>Thanks,
>Jeff Adams

I had the panel installed in my new home.  Apex will not provide any
documentation or software and said that my dealer would have to
program the system for me.  I'm a professional programmer and believe
that I could do the work myself, but they insist on using a dealer.
Unfortunately, the dealer in my area sucks, and I have yet for Apex to
find me another local dealer to work with.  Therefore, I have this
panel that is not being monitored and that is not tied into my home
automation system because the company does not seem to find the time
to respond to customer requests.

Yes, I'm a little frustrated...

Mark D. Stevens

Apex Destiny Alarm Panel

Post by Steve Brow » Sun, 26 May 1996 04:00:00

>>Does anyone have any feedback on Apex's Destiny Alarm panel? It has
>>some X-10 capability... Seems like maybe a better route to go than the
>>Ademco Vista series???

>>Anyone with any opinions, please respond.

>>Thanks,
>>Jeff Adams

>I had the panel installed in my new home.  Apex will not provide any
>documentation or software and said that my dealer would have to
>program the system for me.  I'm a professional programmer and believe
>that I could do the work myself, but they insist on using a dealer.
>Unfortunately, the dealer in my area sucks, and I have yet for Apex to
>find me another local dealer to work with.  Therefore, I have this
>panel that is not being monitored and that is not tied into my home
>automation system because the company does not seem to find the time
>to respond to customer requests.

>Yes, I'm a little frustrated...

>Mark D. Stevens

I recently had an ITT system installed in my house by American Burglar
& Fire Alarm Co., the local dealer. Neither American nor ITT will
provide me with comprehensive programming instructions at this point.
Since I paid probably three times as much as wholesale for the
equipment I feel I am entitled to know how to operate it, SHOULD I
change monitoring services. I'll give it a rest for a year, but I
expect I'll be more than happy to bring a LAWSUIT against ITT if they
refuse to inform me how to operate my own equipment.

Stephen B. Browne

Apex Destiny Alarm Panel

Post by Kevin Spah » Mon, 27 May 1996 04:00:00

This panel has over a thousand points that can be
programmed. Their software is a DOS based program that is
somewhat lacking by todays standards. The program options in
the software are not explained fully and you really need the
training and manuals provided to dealers. (I think they
don't what their techinical support lines flooded by
customers trying to learn to program the systems.) The
system can also be program over the phone lines from a
remote location so your local dealer is not the only person
that can program it. If you find someone you TRUST, you can
give them all the details of your system and they can
program it for you from anywhere in the world. Check with
some of the other alarm people in your area and maybe you
can get them to hook up with Apex. I really like the
features provided by this system and I think that you will
like it if you can get a good dealer to take care of your
needs.

By the way, we're in Carlisle PA
Kevin Spahr
Spahr Inc.

1. Apex Destiny panel download

How can I "download" the programming from the Destiny panel into my computer. I
have the software but I'm not sure how to do it. I would like to download into
my computer the current program. Thanks for your input.

Edgar

To reply remove nmn from address

2. Money AOL stock quotes

3. CR230 and Apex Destiny Panel X10 trouble.

4. GP on Active dir. server doesnt strike trough on TS server

5. Apex alarm/x-10 panel WAN/Internet software

6. print log

7. apex destiny 6100 anybody tried this one ??

8. Unix - Frequently Asked Questions (Contents) [Frequent posting]

9. Apex Destiny 6100

10. Apex/Destiny

11. Apex Destiny 6100AN vs. DSC Power 832

12. Apex Destiny Security System....

13. Apex destiny 6100