1-Wire adapter USB or "The Link"

Post by Jim Flag » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 00:16:29

I am looking for a good quality 1-Wire/iButton adapter.
Anybody have recommendations between the DS USB one:
http://www.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm?qv_pk=3834

and RS-232 "The Link"

http://www.ibuttonlink.com/

Both of them have advanced features like Slew-Rate-Control
and Active Pull-up.  The Link looks like it may have a few more
advanced features and I have heard good things about it but
USB is the future.  Just wondering if anybody had experience
with the USB adapter.

Reliability is probably my most important criteria.

1. "1-Wire" over wireless modem??

Has anyone tried to run a 1-Wire "LAN" over a wireless modem?  The 1-Wire
devices would be hooked up to the DS9097U interface which would then be
hooked up to a 900 MHz FHSS wireless RS-232 modem.  The wireless modem at
the other end would be hooked to the PC com port as usual.

thx

2. Know the fonts used in the Quark Xpress 4.1 manual?

3. "paralell" port vs. "usb" vs. "serial"?

4. Looking for DTMF tones simulations

6. Low Level Format

7. K7s5a """"ich krieg die KRIESE"""""

8. Help: Accessing USENET

9. USB adapter for Storm Imagewave "Vapor"-hardware

10. Differences between "Open File" and "World Wide Web Link"?

11. "Send Page" & "Send a Link" from IE6

12. linking "ptcl" and "pigiRpc"

13. To "MVP", "Sindar", or "Brett" :Problems with a menu