Nevo - neat new product

Post by MVB » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 13:53:12

Just found out about something today - NEVO is an app that comes on a
variety of new PDAs [check out www.mynevo.com]. You can use it as a
"programmable" universal remote that will replicate your current remotes on
its screen, plus write shortcuts/a.k.a. macros, to control all audio/video.

The viewsonic stuff looks especially hip.

http://www.viewsonic.com/smartdisplays/nevo_moreinfo.htm

Nevo - neat new product

Post by Dave Houst » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 19:30:32

It's been on all the IPAQs since the 54xx series. I don't know anything
about the version for the Viewsonic and similar pads but it has very short
range on the iPAQs (about 20'), and the software has crippling limitations.
(There's a limit on the number of codes you can download from their site.)

My experience with the UEI code database is not good.

On most IPAQs, the limitations of the software can be overcome by using TV
Remote Control software from www.PDAwin.com but it cannot help with the
short range of the Nevo hardware. I do not know if the PDAwin software will
work on the Viewsonic.

>Just found out about something today - NEVO is an app that comes on a
>variety of new PDAs [check out www.mynevo.com]. You can use it as a
>"programmable" universal remote that will replicate your current remotes on
>its screen, plus write shortcuts/a.k.a. macros, to control all audio/video.

>The viewsonic stuff looks especially hip.

>http://www.viewsonic.com/smartdisplays/nevo_moreinfo.htm

---
http://www.laser.com/dhouston/