Can the firecrack sound be turned off?

Post by Oz Scot » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 04:08:17

I finally got Multiview to run on WinXP (X10 recommending setting the camera
switch delay to 30 seconds) but the sound when the camera switches is
driving me crazy. There must be a way to shut it off right?

Can the firecrack sound be turned off?

Post by David N. Clyde, Jr » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 06:39:01

Oz Scott,

The sound you hear is actually not from MultiView, it's feedback from you
serial port.

I have written a software replacement for MultiView that supports up to 16
cameras.  I have the same feedback problems via the serial port.  At least
it's spuratic for me.

I'm convinced that it's not MultiView that you're hearing but feedback from
the serial port.

Dave Clyde

Quote:> I finally got Multiview to run on WinXP (X10 recommending setting the
camera
> switch delay to 30 seconds) but the sound when the camera switches is
> driving me crazy. There must be a way to shut it off right?

1. To turn off or not to turn off?

   What's the current theory on keeping monitors on or not??  I've got a color
megapixel.. should I leave it on 24/7 (with a screen saver) or turn it off
when not in use?  In the past, I've been turning it on and off all the time,
and I've had to fix the power supply..  Any observations/suggestions?

Dave Rinker
        Georgia Institute of Technology. Atlanta, Georgia, 30332
             CSX Transportation.  Jacksonville, Florida 32202

2. TTY plotting

3. Can I turn on/off the sound from the command-line?

4. hmm.. Maybe?...!!!!

5. Turn Marker Beacon Sound Off??

6. Modem Games

7. How do you turn off the morse code sound

8. More: Can't insert data from Apache/PHP

9. How do I turn off phone sound when I log on thru modem

10. Turning off the sound on a modem--how?

11. Turn off modem sounds

12. X10 outdoor floods turn off, but won't turn on

13. Lights turn off but won't turn on.