Sprinkler relay board

Post by JoJo » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 11:27:09

Anybody built a relay board that uses x10 signals to control six sprinkler
system valves (24v)?

I am fairly handy at soldering and make a circuit board.  Just need to know
where to find the "how to " information.

  I currently have a active home interface module (1k of memory) to talk
between my PC and x10 modules.

Sprinkler relay board

Post by Souther » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 11:36:59

Quote:> Anybody built a relay board that uses x10 signals to control six sprinkler
> system valves (24v)?

> I am fairly handy at soldering and make a circuit board.  Just need to
know
> where to find the "how to " information.

>   I currently have a active home interface module (1k of memory) to talk
> between my PC and x10 modules.

Several are out there.  I use the RLY8XA from www.appdig.com, which is
available from a number of online vendors.  There are other brands out there
with comparable functionality and cost.

Southern

Sprinkler relay board

Post by Bruce » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 12:57:58

Take a look at this. They work quite well. I have one and have had no
problems.
http://www.wgldesigns.com/rain8.html

Quote:> Anybody built a relay board that uses x10 signals to control six
sprinkler
> system valves (24v)?

> I am fairly handy at soldering and make a circuit board.  Just need to
know
> where to find the "how to " information.

>   I currently have a active home interface module (1k of memory) to
talk
> between my PC and x10 modules.

Sprinkler relay board

Post by R. Lejeun » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 21:39:55

RCS also makes X-10 controllable relay boards in 4, 8, and 16 unit sizes.
Check out http://www.resconsys.com/products/relay/index.htm

Quote:> Anybody built a relay board that uses x10 signals to control six sprinkler
> system valves (24v)?

> I am fairly handy at soldering and make a circuit board.  Just need to
know
> where to find the "how to " information.

>   I currently have a active home interface module (1k of memory) to talk
> between my PC and x10 modules.

Sprinkler relay board

Post by Chuc » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 00:11:02

For the money, I'd just install a standard sprinkler controller. If you
wanted X-10 control, you could set the controller to run every morning, but
have power to the controller switched by an X-10 appliance module. The
program will remain in the controller's memory, but will only be able to run
when the x10 module is turned on.

I just bought a sprinkler controller from this guy on eBay and am crazy
about it. It is fully digital, very flexible, and far less expensive than
any other sprinkler controllers I have seen.

I don't have any connection with this company, but I got really great
service from this fellow, and I always like to recommend companies that
provide good service.

http://tinyurl.com/g7sy

This is a link to his 12 station controller. He also has them in 6 and 9
station, I believe. Here is a link to his eBay 'store'

http://tinyurl.com/g7td

> RCS also makes X-10 controllable relay boards in 4, 8, and 16 unit sizes.
> Check out http://www.resconsys.com/products/relay/index.htm

> > Anybody built a relay board that uses x10 signals to control six
sprinkler
> > system valves (24v)?

> > I am fairly handy at soldering and make a circuit board.  Just need to
> know
> > where to find the "how to " information.

> >   I currently have a active home interface module (1k of memory) to talk
> > between my PC and x10 modules.

1. Sprinkler Relay wiring question

Hey everyone!

I'm not too savvy when it comes to wiring controllers. I'm trying to wire a
pump to turn on for only 3 zones, on my sprinkler system (of the 8 total
zones). The sprinkler controller is 24VAC and I already have a 24v/110v
relay for the pump. My question is how do I send the 24v to the pump from
the 3 terminals for each of the zones, without making each of the three
zones common to each other. If I just connect all three zones to the relay,
won't they all 3 come on if just one of them is on?

Gabby

Note: the pump is for a chemical that keeps the well water from staining the
house and sidewalk. The chemical is expensive so I don't want it pumping for
the 5 zones that don't spray the house or walkways. THANKS!

2. What I Discovered First-Hand With Just One Phone Call

3. Looking for lightning protection for sprinkler system/relays

4. FS: MEGA ST2 $180.00obo or STE1040 Fully Loaded $700 +

5. Cheap Relay/Data Aquisition Boards

6. RFC on large, multi-line bbs/chat system.

7. Anybody using RCS relay board in 220v?

8. Wanted: Cross reference tool with RCS

9. Speaker Switching w/ X-10 Relay Boards + Impedance queries....

10. 3 unused outputs on relay board, any ideas what to do with them?

11. relay board for operation from my P.C??

12. RS232 to RELAY BOARD