Radio Shack Sensors with Honeywell Security System

Radio Shack Sensors with Honeywell Security System

Post by Meg Berge » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 02:14:55

I have an existing Radio Shack wireless security system(Same as x10 I
think).  I have just purchased a Honeywell PC Controlled security system and
was hoping to use my existing window/door sensors with it.  Has anyone had
any luck getting them to work with the honeywell system.

The honeywell console doesn't seem to be recognizing the sensors.  I haven't
tried any of the other parts yet - lamp devices, motion detector, etc.

Meg

Post by Dave Houst » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 04:17:53

>I have an existing Radio Shack wireless security system(Same as x10 I
>think).  I have just purchased a Honeywell PC Controlled security system and
>was hoping to use my existing window/door sensors with it.  Has anyone had
>any luck getting them to work with the honeywell system.

>The honeywell console doesn't seem to be recognizing the sensors.  I haven't
>tried any of the other parts yet - lamp devices, motion detector, etc.

>Meg

There are two issues. The sensors have to use the same RF frequency and they
have to use the same communications protocol. There should be an FCC ID
number on the sensors. With it we can determine whether the Honeywell
sensors use the same frequency as RadioShack (X-10).

Honeywell uses some odd frequencies, for which it's difficult to find
off-the-shelf receivers, in some of their RF stuff. I suspect they probably
use a different frequency than RadioShack (X-10).

---
http://www.laser.com/dhouston/

Radio Shack Sensors with Honeywell Security System

Post by Meg Berge » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 11:33:02

The ID on the honeywell is B4Z-679A-DWS

The ID on the Radio Shack sensor is B4S49-2585

Thanks.

Meg

Quote:> There should be an FCC ID
> number on the sensors. With it we can determine whether the Honeywell
> sensors use the same frequency as RadioShack (X-10).

Radio Shack Sensors with Honeywell Security System

Post by Meg Berge » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 12:24:16

Well, I managed to find a website where I could search the FCC ID.  Thanks
for the info.

The radio shack is 310 mhz, and the honeywell is 433.9 mhz, so it sounds
like I am out of luck. Saves me the trouble of trying to get it to work,
though.  Thanks.

Meg

Radio Shack Sensors with Honeywell Security System

Post by Dave Houst » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 13:15:48

The Honeywell unit is made (or designed) by Interlogix. It uses 433.9MHz.

B4S designates an X-10 unit. The B4S49-2585 uses 310MHz.

>The ID on the honeywell is B4Z-679A-DWS

>The ID on the Radio Shack sensor is B4S49-2585

>Thanks.

>Meg
>> There should be an FCC ID
>> number on the sensors. With it we can determine whether the Honeywell
>> sensors use the same frequency as RadioShack (X-10).

---
http://www.laser.com/dhouston/

1. Radio Shack X10 security system

I purchased a RS X10 security system several years ago. The
model number on my base receiver unit is 61-2611R. I stopped
using the system after about 6 mos. and haven't used it
or kept up with X10 developments since. I'm now thinking about
reactivating the system and using it again.

One of the reasons I stopped using it was that the base unit
kept reporting that one of the transmitters handn't reported
in for awhile. In fact, the problem seemed to be that the
transmitter was on the periphery of the unit's range (which
wasn't very far).

I vaguely remember seing an improved unit for sale some time
ago. Does anyone know if such a unit exists and if it has an
improved range? Is it compatible with the transmitters used
with my unit? Are there any tricks I can use to improve the
range of my existing unit?
--
Mark Dempsey

2. worms ?

3. Radio Shack X-10 "wireless security system" on sale 49-2551 $129.99

4. Expert advice needed fonts and spacings etc. regarding magazine work.

5. buy X10 or Radio Shack security system ?

6. Suitabilty of XML

7. Question About Radio Shack Home Security System

8. X-10 Security system from Radio Shack

9. Radio Shack 49-485 Security System Keypad Emulation

10. Radio Shack Security Question

11. X-10 / Radio Shack ORCA-monitored Security Sys.