Using US non mains equipment

Post by David Muss » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 17:28:32

Is it OK to use American non-mains X10 equipment in the UK - e.g door
sensor, stick-on switches, motion detectors?
Also, could a transformer be used to operate the Robo-dog which isn't
available in UK?
Hope you can help!

Post by Hans Otte » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 17:50:05

>Is it OK to use American non-mains X10 equipment in the UK - e.g door
>sensor, stick-on switches, motion detectors?
>Also, could a transformer be used to operate the Robo-dog which isn't
>available in UK?
>Hope you can help!

I have collected my experiences with using X10 in Europe
www.geocities.com/ohomer, including the pages of Hans Attersjo.
Maybe some of it may be of use for you.

Biggest obstacle might be the frequency used for rf devices: the US
frequency (in the 300 MHz range) is illegal in Europe and you cant mix
European and US rf devices