Radio Shack video cable A-B switch for IR control

Radio Shack video cable A-B switch for IR control

Post by Jerry Beec » Wed, 30 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Radio Shack makes an A-B video switch that comes with a remote control to
switch from A-B using IR.

Has any one figured out if this can be done with a universal, but non
learning, remote.  I have a universal remote that has almost every
manufacturer known to man in it, but is not a learning type, and I would
love to have it control this A-B switch also.

Post by Frank Ric » Wed, 30 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> Radio Shack makes an A-B video switch that comes with a remote control to
> switch from A-B using IR.

> Has any one figured out if this can be done with a universal, but non
> learning, remote.  I have a universal remote that has almost every
> manufacturer known to man in it, but is not a learning type, and I would
> love to have it control this A-B switch also.

 Why don't you take your remote control to Radio Shack and try it? :)

--

   Francisco Rico, CRL
   Electronic Systems Engineer

   (305) 672-5622 ext. 38

   York Lock & Key Company
   http://www.yorklock.com

Radio Shack video cable A-B switch for IR control

Post by Jerry Beec » Thu, 31 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I wanted to know what if anything might use a similer IR setting on the
remote, i.e. can I set my remote like a Radio Shack tv, or a particular
cable box.  The remote has thousands of possible emulations, I wanted to
know if anyone has found the right one.