Computer Theft Protection

Post by Ingvar Grimsm » Mon, 21 Oct 1996 04:00:00

The computer is the most stolen item in the world! One of every 14
laptops sold is reported stolen. The airport is the most common place to
lose a laptop, but computers are stolen from homes and offices in
increasing numbers. The VIP International Computer Protection program
will help you protect your computer two ways, PREVENTION and RECOVERY.
Pls E-Mail me directly, and I will send you a two page information
sheet.

Thank you.

P.S. Other valuables can be protected too!

Ingvar.

1. computer surge protection experiment--setup advice?

As part of a summer electronics class project, some of us got some old
486's real cheap (like $5 each! Don't ask, weird story, they got some
problems), plus some ancient rgb monitors--so we were thinking of doing
some experiments with 'em as sacrificial lambs.

Specifically, we wanted to simulate electrical casualties of various
sorts...like a direct lightning strike to a house, a lightning strike
to a proximate structure (such as one that would cause a big spike thru
a telephone line), etc.

The purpose is to gauge what degree of damage would occur in various
situations, and write up a report.

So, since we can't await Mother Nature to cooperate....I am asking for
your suggestions on "artificial" ways to simulate such voltage/current
spikes.  Any ideas?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. FP2K web will not open

3. Computer Protection

4. FS: IIgs system $125 color mon. included

5. Surge Protection For Computers

6. speculative PowerMac configuration info

7. Cray Computer Files For Bankruptcy Protection ????????

8. Can OS/2 run full size windows in small windows?

9. Xbox game similar to Grand Theft Auto

10. Will Grand Theft Auto III or similar come out for XBOX?

11. Grand Theft Auto

12. are they coming out with a grand theft auto game for xbox

13. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF GRAND THEFT AUTO 3 WILL COME OUT FOR XBOX!?