radio shack multimeter

Post by Marksma » Fri, 03 Jan 2003 22:29:37

I bought a 46-range multimeter with a computer interface from Radio Shack
two days ago.  It has worked fine until last night.  Now it shows around -20
mA all the time, even when attached to a load.  The current and resistance
also fails to respond.  The continuity still works.  I am planning on taking
it back, unless....   Does anyone think this is a simple problem that I can
fix, or just take it back?  (I already changed the battery -- no
improvement).

Thanks

radio shack multimeter

Post by Robert L. Bas » Fri, 03 Jan 2003 23:42:22

That's the essence of the problem, friend.  :^(

> I bought ... from Radio Shack...

radio shack multimeter

Post by Bo » Fri, 03 Jan 2003 23:53:42

On 02 Jan 2003, The voices in the head of Marksman uttered these words
to the inhabitants of comp.home.automation.

Quote:> I bought a 46-range multimeter with a computer interface from Radio
> Shack two days ago.  It has worked fine until last night.  Now it
> shows around -20 mA all the time, even when attached to a load.  The
> current and resistance also fails to respond.  The continuity still
> works.  I am planning on taking it back, unless....   Does anyone
> think this is a simple problem that I can fix, or just take it back?
> (I already changed the battery -- no improvement).

> Thanks

        You may have popped an internal fuse. Hope that's all it is. If not,
then taking it back sounds like a plan.

--

Robert S. Ely  (Bob)

New Lisbon Developmental Center     Communications Systems Technician-3
Work Phone:      1-609-894-4057     Work FAX:        1-609-726-0357
ICQ:             33390750           Yahoo Messenger: rsely74

Check out my photos:
http://www.shuttercity.com/ShowGallery.cfm?AcctID=4359

radio shack multimeter

Post by J. Clark » Sat, 04 Jan 2003 00:18:12

says...

Quote:> I bought a 46-range multimeter with a computer interface from Radio Shack
> two days ago.  It has worked fine until last night.  Now it shows around -20
> mA all the time, even when attached to a load.  The current and resistance
> also fails to respond.  The continuity still works.  I am planning on taking
> it back, unless....   Does anyone think this is a simple problem that I can
> fix, or just take it back?  (I already changed the battery -- no
> improvement).

Take it back, get your money back, go across the street to Home Depot
and get one that says "Fluke" on it.

Quote:

> Thanks

--John
(used to be jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

radio shack multimeter

Post by Marksma » Sat, 04 Jan 2003 08:58:46

Fixed!!  Just a fuse.

Thanks