Need to buy network stuffs for residential area

Need to buy network stuffs for residential area

Post by Norman Won » Fri, 12 Apr 2002 11:17:15

I installed 8 CAT5 cable for network line
          8 CAT5 cable for phone line
          6 RG6 cable for cable tv.
in my house. I need to buy wallmount cabinet, voice & data hub, splitter,
etc. online. Any suggestion. Thank you.

Norm

Need to buy network stuffs for residential area

Post by Jim Lea » Sat, 13 Apr 2002 07:52:17

Quote:> I installed 8 CAT5 cable for network line
>           8 CAT5 cable for phone line
>           6 RG6 cable for cable tv.
> in my house. I need to buy wallmount cabinet, voice & data hub, splitter,
> etc. online. Any suggestion. Thank you.

> Norm

personally -I find ebay the best place to get the most bang for your
buck. State of the art for network equipment is fiancially untouchable
and in the home not required.-- The cost of used equip is great. I
bought HP Jet direct boxes. Racks all on ebay Just know what you want
and what it is worth. Good hunting.

Need to buy network stuffs for residential area

Post by Les Nelso » Fri, 26 Apr 2002 12:51:04

Norm,
Try www.smarthome.com , I've bought bits and pieces from them before without
any problems, also they usually have the wiring diagrams in.pdf format so
you can check and see if the stuff will work the way you what it.
les nelson
Palmer Lake Network Solutions

Quote:

> I installed 8 CAT5 cable for network line
>           8 CAT5 cable for phone line
>           6 RG6 cable for cable tv.
> in my house. I need to buy wallmount cabinet, voice & data hub, splitter,
> etc. online. Any suggestion. Thank you.

> Norm

1. Validating need for Wide Area Network DCTM solution

I'm trying to validate an idea we've been tossing around a for awhile
now. Any feedback on the idea presented in the following two
paragraphs would be great. Is this something that fills a need in your
organization? Is it a complete waste of time?

Today, distributed locations using Documentum are required to install
a server to relay data to remote users.  Enterprises have trouble
justifying this expense for site where there are only a minimal number
of users.  Alternatively, the remote site can maintain a content
store, but still must manage the store and back it up.  Ultimately,
the existing best approach is a server because, without it,
performance is so bad with large documents that the system becomes
unusable.

Then solution - and add on system accesses the new and changed
documents and associated metadata in a central Documentum repository.
Patent-pending technology pushes these updates to an existing PC or
server within the remote office and makes the documents available
through the LAN to all Documentum clients within the site.

Thanks,

Joseph (Yossi) Weihs

Director, Technical Services
Bandwiz, Inc.  www.bandwiz.com

2. WA-OR-CA-AZ 20+ JOBS Civil Cad Extensive opportunities in most West coast cites for Land Development Engineers with background in large scale commercial / residential /industrial land development projects. (PE desired) Requires planning, sewer, grading, su

3. Need to buy the "Enterprise Network tools for Visio XP"

4. Moving Hard drive from one computer to another

5. Need: Residential Mortgage Sales Engineer - Charlotte ,NC

6. Setting up modems.

7. Where do you buy your XBox stuff at?

8. MAIL Counter problems

9. where to buy Siemon stuff online in US

10. Where to buy 'stuff'?

11. Where to buy X10 stuff

12. Where is the best place on-line to buy X-10 stuff?

13. Is there anyone interested in buying NeXT stuff?