I-AM I-AM From Pope Bass

Post by Robert L. Bas » Sat, 23 Nov 2002 21:41:09

Pope?  Gee, that's going to come as a real surprise to my girlfriend.  :^)
Quote:> Hello:
> This is Robert L Bass just wanting to let you know I am no longer a
> Reverend.  I am now Pope Bass.

I-AM I-AM From Pope Bass

Post by David Krat » Sun, 24 Nov 2002 04:22:40

Yea, we all believe that one.

Quote:> Pope?  Gee, that's going to come as a real surprise to my girlfriend.  :^)

I-AM I-AM From Pope Bass

Post by Robert L. Bas » Sun, 24 Nov 2002 08:42:23

You think it's more likely that I'm the Pope?  Sorry, but I'm not into all
that ring-kissing and such.  Besides, they've already got a perfectly usable
Pope.  Now if enough people show an interest in becoming a DIY Pope, I
suppose I could set up a web site.

Hmm.  I imagine I'd need the entire Bible for my FAQ.  I already have the
Protestant text (several translations).  Does anyone here have access to an
online Apocrypha I could link to?  I think the NT is pretty much the same,
with the exception of the chapter titles (which most protestants consider
helpful but not canonical).

If I take the job, I could canonize Olson... say, "Patron Saint of Inverted
Aviators."  Bowman could just be a parish priest.  Never mind why I think
he's ummm, just right for the job.  ;^)

> Yea, we all believe that one....

I-AM I-AM From Pope Bass

Post by David Krat » Sun, 24 Nov 2002 11:16:37

?????

> You think it's more likely that I'm the Pope?  Sorry, but I'm not into all
> that ring-kissing and such.  Besides, they've already got a perfectly
usable
> Pope.  Now if enough people show an interest in becoming a DIY Pope, I
> suppose I could set up a web site.

> Hmm.  I imagine I'd need the entire Bible for my FAQ.  I already have the
> Protestant text (several translations).  Does anyone here have access to
an
> online Apocrypha I could link to?  I think the NT is pretty much the same,
> with the exception of the chapter titles (which most protestants consider
> helpful but not canonical).

> If I take the job, I could canonize Olson... say, "Patron Saint of
Inverted
> Aviators."  Bowman could just be a parish priest.  Never mind why I think
> he's ummm, just right for the job.  ;^)

> > Yea, we all believe that one....

I-AM I-AM From Pope Bass

Post by Robert L. Bas » Sun, 24 Nov 2002 14:17:58

Inside joke.

Quote:> ?????

I-AM I-AM From Pope Bass

Post by Robert L. Bas » Sun, 24 Nov 2002 15:29:01

Oh, crud.  Sorry, I didn't notice that the morons from ASA had x-posted this
one.

I-AM I-AM From Pope Bass

Post by Frank Olso » Mon, 25 Nov 2002 01:46:36

> If I take the job, I could canonize Olson... say, "Patron Saint of Inverted
> Aviators."  Bowman could just be a parish priest.  Never mind why I think
> he's ummm, just right for the job.  ;^)

I have been studiously avoiding flaming you or making any remarks that
could be construed as such in this group.  Andy Bowman hasn't flamed you
in this group either (or in ASA for some time).  Pardon me for saying
this, but you're a total jerk!

--
Frank Olson
http://www.alt-security-alarms.com