comp.groupware FAQ: ** How to retrieve the FAQ postings

comp.groupware FAQ: ** How to retrieve the FAQ postings

Post by Groupware F » Tue, 23 May 1995 04:00:00

Archive-name: comp-groupware-faq/pointer
Posting-Frequency: every four days
Last-modified: 1995.4.23
Version: 1.7
Copyright: 1995 (C) David S. Stodolsky, PhD

This is a reminder concerning the
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) list for comp.groupware.

Any article posted to comp.groupware uses a MINIMUM of TEN hours of readers'
time.  See (1c) in the FAQ List.

Do not post responses to ABUSIVE or INAPPROPRIATE articles.
See (2h) in the FAQ List.

Do not post TEST messages to comp.groupware.

LOTUS-NOTES specific material goes to comp.groupware.lotus-notes.misc.
Crosspost or post lotus-notes related material to comp.groupware only if the
post is also of interest to users of other types of groupware.

Before asking for HELP, read at least the guidelines part of the

the subject "archive send getting-help" (no quotes) and read "The art
of getting help" to avoid embarrassment and improve your chances of
receiving useful feedback.

Teachers should not make use of comp.groupware a class activity.
See (1d) in the FAQ List.

All posts to comp.groupware are archived and PUBLICLY accessible. Do not
post anything you would not want a (future) employer to read.

The FAQ List may be cited as:
Stodolsky, David S. (1995). Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) list for
comp.groupware. _Comp.groupware_ [Usenet]. (Available by anonymous FTP from
rtfm.mit.edu in the directory pub/usenet/news.answers/comp.groupware.)

The latest version of the FAQ List can also be accessed by sending an e-mail

separate lines.

The correct URL (and it's great) is: http:
//www.cis.ohio-state.edu/hypertext/faq/usenet/comp-groupware-faq/top.html

The FAQ List is posted automatically monthly (some parts semi-monthly and
the Posting Guidelines weekly) to introduce the group to new users. The FAQ
List is intended to cut down on the number of "Frequently Asked Questions"
posted to comp.groupware.

1a) What is comp.groupware?
1b) How many people read comp.groupware?
1c) Should I post if I am not a "groupware professional"?
1d) Should comp.groupware be used as a class activity?
1e) What do I do if an e-mail reply to an author fails?
1f) How do I get information about a specific book or product?
1g) How do I post long articles?
1h) What if I don't follow the guidelines for posting to comp.groupware?

2a) What should I do before posting to comp.groupware?
2b) How do I ask a question?
2c) How do I get the answer to a question someone else posted?
2d) What should I use as a subject for my post?
2e) Why should I bother with Subject, Summary, and Keyword headers?
2f) How do I post test messages?
2g) What is the best way to post a follow-up message?
2h) What should I do about inappropriate articles?

3a) Can more than one person use an account name for posting?
3b) What is the best way to sign an article?

4a) What is the proper setting for my distribution header?
4b) What if my distribution is restricted?
4c) How can I post if I have read-only access to comp.groupware?
4d) Can I get comp.groupware by e-mail?

5) What is groupware?

6a) Where is comp.groupware archived?
6b) What is FTP?

Groupware products and bibliography lists.

Additional FAQ lists, covering groupware products and bibliography, can be
obtained at the above addresses. They are worth reading:

--------------------

Date: Mon, 16 May 94 18:25:34 EDT
Subject: Thanks!

David....
Thanks for the pointer to the new FAQ for information about vendor products.
It's a goldmine.  And thanks for taking the time to put it together.

Ken

Subject: comp.groupware FAQ: Bibliography1: Frequently Asked Questions
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 1995 12:19:15 GMT

Thank you very much.  This is brilliant.

Michael Wolff, Nairn, Scotland

David S. Stodolsky, PhD,  Euromath Center,  University of Copenhagen

Post by Groupware F » Sun, 28 May 1995 04:00:00

[...]

List is intended to cut down on the number of "Frequently Asked Questions"

Date: Tue, 10 Jan 1995 12:19:15 GMT