Early B3 Connect problem

Post by Werner Henz » Sat, 03 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi Nils,

when sending the initial LISTEN_REQ you may consider to turn on
bit 9 (0x200) and not bit 8 (0x100). Please see the documentation
for LISTEN_REQ and Info mask.

BTW, if you CAPI-Trace is complete and you did not snip some lines
off, I believe your CAPI driver is not CAPI compliant. The reason
for this is the note at MANUFACTURER_IND in the CAPI spec:
"This message shall not be sent from CAPI without initial application
request from an application by means of MANU_REQ.".
HJO, any comments on that?

Ciao,
Werner...
--
PGP 6.5 key available

Early B3 Connect problem

Post by nils becke » Mon, 05 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi Werner,
thank you very much for your answer. It solved the problem I had. The
CAPI i am using is the one from AVM (latest version). I cut some lines
off though so maybe that's the reason the MANUFACTURER_IND is not making
sense.
I have a couple of other questions:
Where do I get the information about the Data that is send in the
MANUFACTURER_IND.
Do I have to reply and how? (I know MANUFACTURER_RESP but with what DATA.

)
Where can I find the ETS 300 102-1 and Q.931. (for information on the
data send in the Info Number and Info Mask from  INFO_IND)

Thank you in advance!

nb

Early B3 Connect problem

Post by Werner Henz » Mon, 05 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Hi Nils,

the format of the data in MANUFACTURER_ messages depends on the
manufacturer of the CAPI. So you will have to ask the CAPI
manufacturer for a specification.

If you do not know what to send (/how to format data) in the
MANUFACTURER_REQ and -RESP you definitely don't want to send
MANUFACTURER_REQ and therefore will not get any MANUFACTURER_IND
and therefore will not have to reply with a MANUFACTURER_RESP.
That's all and it is so eays :-).

CAPI specification:
1. http://www.capi.org/ (CAPI spec)
2. http://www.etsi.org/ (ETS 300 102)
3. http://www.itu.int/ (Q.931)
4. ftp://ftp.redcom.ru/pub/CCITT/ (Q.931 like on 3 -> but illegal!)

Ciao,
Werner...
--
PGP 6.5 key available

1. Early B3 connect

Hello All!
I tried an early B3 connect exactly using the specs (sending CONNECT_B3_REQ
at INFO_IND when info mask is CALL PROGRESSION (after i sended INFO_RESP)).
I get from CONNECT_B3_CONF the info word 0x2001 (message not supported in
current state). I suppose early B3 connect is not implemented? Anybody know
more exact things about? I was trying with a FRITZ card. Who knows about
widly implemented CAPI_INFO messages to detect BUSY, OPEN LINE, RINGING,
HOLD MESSAGES ("Kein Anschlusss unter dieser Nummer")? Q.931 is very nice
but what one can rely on?
Chris

2. 2501 hosed

3. What is early b3 connect

4. Flash 4 and CICS Newbie again.

5. Line Interconnect and early B3

6. Internet Sharing (NAT)

7. Early B3 media disconnect cause

8. Converting QL disk to PC/Atari format

9. Line interconnect + Early B3

10. Suppressing Early B3

11. Early B3

12. Verizon Connect Early

13. MRTG and the "early data gathering" phenomenon (problem?)