Dialling internationally with ISDN

Post by Matt Baylis » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 23:20:52

This is probably an extremely silly question but...

Is it possible to dial internationally using ISDN DATA and do I do it just
like a normal phone line i.e. "00 44 121 xxx xxxx" for the UK.

Matt

Dialling internationally with ISDN

Post by Phil McKerrache » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 00:41:36

Quote:> This is probably an extremely silly question but...

> Is it possible to dial internationally using ISDN DATA and do I do it just
> like a normal phone line i.e. "00 44 121 xxx xxxx" for the UK.

Yes, it is possible and that's how you do it. It's not a silly question
because this hasn't always been possible (and still isn't in some places).

Be careful, though - international data calls are MUCH more expensive than
voice calls, because they can't be compressed.

--
Phil McKerracher
www.mckerracher.org

1. Is Residential ISDN Pricing as Expensive Internationally?

Swedish Televerket has just announced a residential ISDN service.  The
basic service "2B+D" has an installation fee of USD 775 and a quarter-
ly fee of USD 185.

I believe these prices are far to high to attract individuals.

Is residential ISDN pricing as expensive internationally?

Please send me information how much residential ISDN costs where you
live.  I will later summarize the information I receive.

Next week I will meet people at the ISDN department of Televerket and
it would be very nice to confront them with some hard facts.

2. need SE version of AdvSys

3. HELP! I can't run memory hog DAs, UnStuffIt in particular...

4. async dial backup for ISDN dial?

5. K4 Show

6. Modem ISDN dial out to Cisco 801 as dial in server

7. Warning re Phoenix Networks DSL

8. can configure dial-in & dial-out on ISDN PRI

9. Costing comparison of ISDN Dial up vs normal Dial up

10. Boycott US Robotics internationally

11. Boycott Hayes internationally

12. Advice/Info on internationally-compliant PCMCIA modems