ACO and DOVBS; could there be any interaction at all?

ACO and DOVBS; could there be any interaction at all?

Post by Jon Sundquis » Sun, 09 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I thought my original post got lost in space - never showed up on my
newserver nor on dejanews.  But I just ran across your response on a
separate dejanews search!  So anyways:

lmarks writes:

> writes:
>>When things did seem to work themselves out finally, there was one thing
>>I noticed.  I had ordered ACO on my line.  It didn't seem to be
>>provisioned at first, but I complained, and IIRC, I did check a few
>>times to see if the second B channel would indeed drop, and it did.
>>This was before the DOVBS started working.  Later I checked again
>>(sometime after DOVBS was working) and the B channel was not dropping
>>with a call.  I have a Netgear RH348 which supports call bumping
>>provided that ACO is provisioned.
>How do you know that ACO isn't working?  Do callers get busy signal when
>you are using 2B?

Exactly.  I even tried switching my router to make data connections
(i.e. not DOVBS) to see if call bumping was still not working, and it
still didn't work. (I have an analogue line at home that I can use to
check).

Quote:>Are you sure it's enabled in the Netgear?

As far as I can tell (and I just rechecked) there is nothing to set in
the router to enable this.  There are settings that need setting for
special features like call waiting, etc. that also need ACO, but I am
not using those.

Quote:>Have you asked the telco to fax you a copy of your provisioning
>as printed from the printer at the switch console?

I was unaware this was possible.  I will try it.  But then again, this
is Bell Atlantic we are talking about, so I won't hold my breath finding
someone who could send this to me or waiting for it actually to arrive.

I only live a block from my CO, I wonder if I could just go an knock on
the door some day.

Quote:>Not only can you check for ACO, but you have a baseline to get
>back to if they break something else.
>Laurence V. Marks
>IBM Corp. - Research Triangle Park, NC

Assuming that ACO was somehow de-provisioned, can you shed any light on
my original question, which I admit may border on the superstitious:  Is
there any way that provisioning ACO can in any way affect the ability
for me to connect DOVBS.  ACO apparently stopped working at about the
same time that DOVBS started working.  This is probably just a
coincidence, and despite my ISPs claims to the contrary, I think the
problem was on thier end.  It's just my DOVBS setup has been working
great for a year now (except for the missed phone calls), and I don't
want to*it up!

Thanks

Jon Sundquist

1. ACO and DOVBS; could there be any interaction at all?

How do you know that ACO isn't working?  Do callers get busy signal when
you are using 2B?  Are you sure it's enabled in the Netgear?

Have you asked the telco to fax you a copy of your provisioning as printed
from the printer at the switch console?  Not only can you check for ACO,
but you have a baseline to get back to if they break something else.

Laurence V. Marks
IBM Corp. - Research Triangle Park, NC

2. Ondata Case

3. What does CID, DOV, VM, MLPPP, POTS, CONF & ACO (w/ACO+DOV+MLPPP)?

4. TeX Euro Currency Symbol

5. Am I hacked? Am I at least safe?

6. Site Check PLEASE !

7. I am a dumbass (No, I am)

8. BugAware - Web based Issue tracking and help desk solution

9. DOVBS calls on an AS5300

10. X2 DOVBS over long distance

11. Bi-64 kbit/s for ISDN DOVBS callers to V.90 RAS

12. Any 64K DOVBS ISPs?

13. X2 DOVBS over long distance