Question about the S/T bus for ISDN.

Post by hav0 » Sun, 20 Jul 2003 02:15:51

Ok I live in the US, I just ordered a Asuscom ISDN adapter which uses
an S/T interface. I also ordered an Adtran NT1 which is supposed to
turn the "U" interface coming from the CO into an S/T bus. It has two
S/T ports on the NT1. So is there a special phone line I need to use
to connect the Adapter to the S/T port on the NT1? or can I use
regular phone line like I do to hookup a ISDN adapter to the "U"
interface?

Thanks.

Post by David Leshe » Sun, 20 Jul 2003 03:05:41

>Ok I live in the US, I just ordered a Asuscom ISDN adapter which uses
>an S/T interface. I also ordered an Adtran NT1 which is supposed to
>turn the "U" interface coming from the CO into an S/T bus. It has two
>S/T ports on the NT1. So is there a special phone line I need to use
>to connect the Adapter to the S/T port on the NT1? or can I use
>regular phone line like I do to hookup a ISDN adapter to the "U"
>interface?

A 4-pair RJ-45 cable (""CAT5"") cable will work.

1. Can a PCM Expansion Bus (DSP card) and MVIP bus (ISDN-T1 card) communicate?

Can a PCM Expansion bus (DSP card) and an MVIP bus (ISDN card)
communicate?

We are working on an automated system to test DSC switches.  We have a
PC with a PRI-ISA48 card with a T1 span and a Dialogic D/121B DSP-based
voice board with a DTI/101 interface to a T1 line.  The T1 lines are
connected to a DSC switch.  We set up a call using ISDN messages between
the PRI card and the switch on a D-channel and get a B-channel set up with
a connection through to the Dialogic card.  At that point we want to
prove 2-way connectivity using DTMF tones.  The PRI card can't detect
or interpret DTMF tones or audio information like the Dialogic, but does
have an MVIP bus you can connect to another card in your PC.  But we
can't just connect it to the Dialogic; the Dialogic card uses a PCM
Expansion Bus, a different standard.

So, is there in existance something that can translate between these
two standards?  Or are we going to have to go out and buy another voice
card that uses MVIP?  We can't easily change to a PEB ISDN card.

Thanks,
Dave

Every task is either much harder than it looks, or much easier!

2. method as Callback function

3. ISDN - can Cisco BRI share ISDN bus?

4. Sources of 3-d drawing blocks for fluor/incand light bulbs and light fixtures

5. Sunlink-ISDN, S-bus boards, SLIP (and EURO-ISDN) ?

6. help!!!.procmailrc file!

7. X.25 over ISDN, Solaris 1.x ISDN S-bus

8. Can I host a .NET control in a browser?

9. ISDN S-BUS sample config

10. V/D ISDN BRI w/2504 on S/T bus (Help)

11. ISDN: probs with c4xxx and sharing NT2 bus

12. Cisco BRI blocking whole ISDN-Bus

13. Two Cisco1003 at one ISDN bus