BitSurfer Pro Upgrade Problem

Post by John Mullane » Tue, 27 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi there,
Yesterday I upgraded my trusty old BitSurfer Pro from Rev. 1J to 1L (I
was shooting for M but got 1L). Any ways I have upgraded it many times
in the past with no problems. It appeared there where no problems this
time as well except when i tried to connect to my Local ISP (TIAC using
Data over Voice 56K as always to get around NE NYNEX charges) I seemed
to connect but couldn't get through the username password step and was
than disconnected. My additional string in the Win95 set up that has
always worked before is AT&F%A98=S&W. Is there something different about
version 1L that would be causing this? Is there a place where I can get
1J again to back up. I tried TIAC customer support who years ago seemed
to know all but nowadays their customer service rep told me he didn't
even have an ISDN modem in the building to test anything? So I think
just going back to 1J may be the easiest fix. Can anybody help?    John
M.

BitSurfer Pro Upgrade Problem

Post by Curt » Tue, 27 Jan 1998 04:00:00

If you have the configuration you want in Configuration Manager
than eliminate your extra string all together. I had the same trouble
your having when I upgraded to 1L until I eliminated the extra string.

BitSurfer Pro Upgrade Problem

I got the M version on Friday, the link still refers to 1L.  Try it again.