Looking for a Power Supply unit for Cisco 766 ISDN Router??

Looking for a Power Supply unit for Cisco 766 ISDN Router??

Post by Bob Will » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 05:48:16

I have a Cisco 766 ISDN Router and am looking for a power supply for
it.
Any information, or if you have one, what is the cost?
Would be appreciated.

I could not even find the part # on the Cisco website, and e-mail to
Cisco Customer Service was non-responsive.

Thank.
Bob Willey

Post by Doug McIntyr » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 23:18:31

>I have a Cisco 766 ISDN Router and am looking for a power supply for
>it.
>Any information, or if you have one, what is the cost?
>Would be appreciated.
>I could not even find the part # on the Cisco website, and e-mail to
>Cisco Customer Service was non-responsive.

You couldn't find it on the website because its been EOL'd for
almost two years. I'd have suspected much longer ago because they seem
to have been around forever. But you could probably get a maintance
contract on it (Maintance is supported at Cisco for years if you talk
directly to them). It'll probably be around $150-$200. Spares on these
devices are already gone. Just as a comparison a spare power supply
for an 800 series router is $100 list.

But why not go the eBay route? There is a 766 up for auction right now
for $5? Power supply and router both. Then you'll have a spare router too.
--

                   Network Engineer/Jack of All Trades
                      Vector Internet Services, Inc.

Post by Bob Will » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 05:47:01

> >I have a Cisco 766 ISDN Router and am looking for a power supply for
> >it.
> >Any information, or if you have one, what is the cost?
> >Would be appreciated.

> >I could not even find the part # on the Cisco website, and e-mail to
> >Cisco Customer Service was non-responsive.

> You couldn't find it on the website because its been EOL'd for
> almost two years. I'd have suspected much longer ago because they seem
> to have been around forever. But you could probably get a maintance
> contract on it (Maintance is supported at Cisco for years if you talk
> directly to them). It'll probably be around $150-$200. Spares on these
> devices are already gone. Just as a comparison a spare power supply
> for an 800 series router is $100 list.

> But why not go the eBay route? There is a 766 up for auction right now
> for $5? Power supply and router both. Then you'll have a spare router too.

Thanks for the advise.
I found someone who sold me a power supply for the Cisco 766 for $8
plus $4 shipping, $12 total.  Not bad....