ISDN aLaw

Post by Rene » Fri, 22 Aug 2003 15:09:01

Hi all,

Perhaps this questions has been aswked many times, but I am asking it anyway
;-)

When you read datablocks using data_b3_ind and storing it in an file, is it
possible to listen to it using a program that can read aLaw? I read
something that you need to invert the bits of the received bytes...

Is ISDN aLaw differnet then "normal" aLaw?

Thanks,
Rene

ISDN aLaw

Post by Pim » Fri, 22 Aug 2003 08:22:27

Quote:> Hi all,

> Perhaps this questions has been aswked many times, but I am asking it
anyway
> ;-)

> When you read datablocks using data_b3_ind and storing it in an file, is
it
> possible to listen to it using a program that can read aLaw? I read
> something that you need to invert the bits of the received bytes...

> Is ISDN aLaw differnet then "normal" aLaw?

> Thanks,
> Rene

You can use sox (http://sox.sourceforge.net) convert the data into wav.
Pim

ISDN aLaw

Post by Ankur Tya » Fri, 22 Aug 2003 15:25:21

You can use GoldWave in Windows. or if you'll have to convert it to
wave on linux, i don't know any player for law on linux platform.
Don't forget to invert bit order before conversion. INSD a-law need
this.

Ankur

> > Hi all,

> > Perhaps this questions has been aswked many times, but I am asking it
>  anyway
> > ;-)

> > When you read datablocks using data_b3_ind and storing it in an file, is
>  it
> > possible to listen to it using a program that can read aLaw? I read
> > something that you need to invert the bits of the received bytes...

> > Is ISDN aLaw differnet then "normal" aLaw?

> > Thanks,
> > Rene
> You can use sox (http://sox.sourceforge.net) convert the data into wav.
> Pim

1. isdn mulaw and alaw

What is the difference between isdn mulaw and standard mulaw?
I am using CAPI to retrieve raw B channel data(audio) and store it into a file.
When using a tool like goldwave to listen to the recorder file, only an
encoding
selection of isdn mulaw results in an audible data.
A choice of just mulaw does not seem to work.
Thanks for any input.

2. Aarrgghh!

3. ISDN and aLaw

4. Commander X update

5. Looking for ALAW strings to generate dialtones (US and EU)

6. WTB: Laser 128 motherboard

7. WAV to ALaw conversion problem

8. Hayes UK; without shame and without honour.

9. Alaw <-- > wav conversion

10. Probs with aLaw / muLaw / G.711 conversion

11. uLaw & ALaw end to end Characteristics

12. alaw <-> pcm problem

13. PCM-> ALAW