Help for British Telecom

Post by Costa » Sat, 26 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Does anyone  know  the format of the
"Called  Party Number"  field delivered by B.T
to a Terminal Adapter connected to a BRI ?????

Does it contain the area code  or just the actual
ISDN number ?

Any response will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance..

Costas / Athens GR

Help for British Telecom

Post by Dominique Le Fol » Sat, 26 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> Does anyone  know  the format of the
> "Called  Party Number"  field delivered by B.T
> to a Terminal Adapter connected to a BRI ?????

> Does it contain the area code  or just the actual
> ISDN number ?

> Any response will be much appreciated.

> Thanks in advance..

> Costas / Athens GR

The easiest way to handle this type of question which have answer that
will vary during the time (PBX, direct connexion, CLIR activation...),
the easiest is to use a small ISdN tester :

Wandel & Goltermann provide two units :

IBT-5 that would show you the called address,
IBT-10 that provide a full low cost D-channel analazer.

To get the selling point in the UK check on

www.wg.com

Dominique

Help for British Telecom

Post by Michael Gathergoo » Sun, 27 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> The easiest way to handle this type of question which have answer that
> will vary during the time (PBX, direct connexion, CLIR activation...),
> the easiest is to use a small ISdN tester :
> Wandel & Goltermann provide two units :
> IBT-5 that would show you the called address,
> IBT-10 that provide a full low cost D-channel analazer.

I prefer the Phoenix D1040 - it's less expensive, and gives you both
Basic and Primary rate ISDN, not just for protocol analysis but also
a telephone, BERT tester and bulk call generator. It has an optional
gizmo that allows it to emulate the NT as well.

http://www.phoenixdata.co.uk  or  00 44 1296 397711

Cheers
Mike G
G4KFK

Help for British Telecom

Post by Bob Gedde » Mon, 28 Oct 1996 03:00:00

Quote:

>Does anyone  know  the format of the
>"Called  Party Number"  field delivered by B.T
>to a Terminal Adapter connected to a BRI ?????

>Does it contain the area code  or just the actual
>ISDN number ?

>Any response will be much appreciated.

>Thanks in advance..

>Costas / Athens GR

Neither only the MSN digit (if used) is delivered.
The Calling Partly Number is full number eg 01923123456

--
Bob Geddes

1. HELP!!! British Telecom NS2232 modem

Does anybody have any info on this modem, or a contact number? I picked
it up for a couple of quid at a local flea market, and figured that it
could be a useful spare. Mind you, for 2 you're prepared to chance it...

It appears to be a highly flexible v.32 modem with compression
(v.42bis?), and was made in late 1991. There are numerous
exchange-related features, asynchronous/synchronous communication modes,
and the ability to change just about every communications parameter. The
internal switch-mode power supply was buggered, but I was able to bring
it to life with a bench PSU. It has a LCD panel, and a number of buttons
for cycling through a vast battery of menus.

It appears to have a Hayes command set (as well as v.25bis). I could not
get it to talk to Telix, in Hayes mode, though. There are a few links
near the serial port - do they have some bearing on this?

Regards,

Martin.

2. bincancel:17 large binaries:AR695:@@NCM

3. British Telecom

4. Amiga 500 Liquidation!!

5. British Telecom CEO: BT, AT&T Won't Merge

6. PIC C18: Passing array of pointers ?

7. British Telecom to Provide ADSL in 10 UK Cities

8. BIND Question

9. Telecom News From British Columbia, Canada

10. Channelised E1 & British Telecom

11. WIC-1B-S/T or WIC-1B-U for British Telecom?

12. ISDn2E CallWaiting (British Telecom) - Am I going mad???

13. Connect problems with DecBrouter 90T1 on British Telecom X.25 NetWork