DCOM problem

Post by lazer junki » Sun, 25 May 2003 03:28:24

Hi,

I combed a few of the ngs, not sure if this is the right one...? Having
a problem when I try to install VB6 on computer (a couple of years old
disks)... I recently had to do a clean install, but now I can't get my
vb to work to work... the program says it can't create DCOM/  any ideas?

TIA
LJ

"What do you mean it looks like I printed that check on my printer?
"Furst Natl Bunk", what's wrong with that? Now give me a hunnerd
dollars!"
Findind Little by Kyle Richards

1. DCOM Problem - Advice requested

        >The question that I pose to you DCOM experts is this:  How much
of a
        >security whole does it open up by setting the DCOM
Authentication Level in
        >DCOMCNFG.EXE to "None" on the IIS server (outside the firewall)
and the MTS
        >server (inside the firewall)?  Your help and insight would be
greatly
        >appreciated.  If you need any clarification on the problem
itself, please

        Uh, actually this ng is dcom as in "data-comm". I think you're
looking for dcom as in "distributed component object model". Try
comp.os.ms-windows.proogrammer.ole.

2. SGI R3000 Indigo Memory

3. net.dcom is being renamed comp.dcom.modems

4. HP 4100C on the fritz ... symptoms follow

5. comp.dcom.modem, comp.dcom.modems

6. DEC Codes in Kermit

7. what's the difference between comp.dcom.telecom.tech and comp.dcom.telecom

8. help identifying modem

9. comp.protocols.tcp-ip comp.dcom.lans.fddi comp.dcom.sys.cisco

10. comp.sys.dcom.wellfleet - name change to comp.sys.dcom.baynetworks

11. problems dcom.cisco.sys

12. Newsgroup comp.dcom.modems, Articles 139045-139074Interesting problem with reveal vm500

13. Attn:comp.dcom.modems - JUMBO DNS Problem