HELP CHOOSING A TA/MODEM

Post by Costa and Kathi Avradopoulo » Sun, 21 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I am getting ready to order ISDN service and a lot of people have given
me suggestions on which TA/modem to buy but I am still confused.  I like
the Motorola bitsurfer Pro but some people say you lose speed because it
is external and you have 2 connections.  If I buy an internal card I
will probably go with Diamond's Supra Netcommander but I don't know how
good their reputation and service/support is.  Any suggestions?
I only care about performance and support from the manufacturer.

HELP CHOOSING A TA/MODEM

Post by David Abram » Tue, 23 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I had a Netcommander and replaced it with a 3COM Impact IQ to get DOVB.  I
much prefer the Netcommander for its better logging, multilink support and
speed but I needed DOVB.  The 3Com was easier to setup, has two POTS ports
vs one for the NC, and has blinking lights to tell you what is going on.  If
you do not need to use any OS other than Win95 (and possibly NT) and you do
not need DOVB I would suggest the internal Supra.  Otherwise the Bitsurfer
EZ or 3COM are nice external serial TA's.  If you want to spend more money
for performance consider a router like the pipeline 25.

David Abrams
Galactic Industries Corp

www.galactic.com

Quote:>I am getting ready to order ISDN service and a lot of people have given