Receiving a second call during another call is running..

Receiving a second call during another call is running..

Post by Vict » Sat, 15 Mar 2003 22:04:32

Hi folks!

Could anybody help me in the following situation:

My application receives an incoming call (speech) and processes it
quite properly. During the first call is running, a second call comes
in. The second B-channel is free.
Surprisingly, the CONNECT_IND for the second call brings an attached
ADDITIONAL_INFO struct, that reads B-Channel Information "Use neither
B channel nor D channel". When the CONNECT_IND for the first call was
sent in, it had an empty ADDITIONAL_INFO struct, however.
If now I try to respond to the second call (the second channel is
still free!), immediately after sending CONNECT_RESP with parameter
"Accept call", the network answers with disconnecting to the reason
0x3486 "Channel inacceptable".
This behaviour pertains as long as the first call continues to run.

It looks like I can respond to solely one incoming call.. What can be
wrong here?

Regards
Victor

Receiving a second call during another call is running..

Post by Hans-Jürgen Ortman » Thu, 20 Mar 2003 18:35:00

Quote:> Hi folks!

> Could anybody help me in the following situation:

> My application receives an incoming call (speech) and processes it
> quite properly. During the first call is running, a second call comes
> in. The second B-channel is free.
> Surprisingly, the CONNECT_IND for the second call brings an attached
> ADDITIONAL_INFO struct, that reads B-Channel Information "Use neither
> B channel nor D channel". When the CONNECT_IND for the first call was
> sent in, it had an empty ADDITIONAL_INFO struct, however.
> If now I try to respond to the second call (the second channel is
> still free!), immediately after sending CONNECT_RESP with parameter
> "Accept call", the network answers with disconnecting to the reason
> 0x3486 "Channel inacceptable".
> This behaviour pertains as long as the first call continues to run.

> It looks like I can respond to solely one incoming call.. What can be
> wrong here?

The first problem is, that your network (PABX?) is indicating the second
call as a 'Call Waiting' call (German: "anklopfender Ruf"), so the network
tells you, that this call cannot be accepted, for at moment no b-channel is
available.
 The second problem may(!) be, that you're answering the CONNECT_IND with
the same AddInfo you received - if you want to accept the call, you explicit
have to set the 'b channel usage' in the AddInfo parameter - or you have to
omit this parameter.

HansJuergen

1. transferring call from standard rate premium during call

Hi,

I understand that its not possible to transfer a caller from a
standard rate to a premium rate half way through the same call. I am
not sure if its illegal or just not possible, I have had different
views.

Is anyone able to elaberate for me. Or point in the direction of some
documentation/reference material on why this cannot be done.

thanks

Lee

2. digital video cameras

3. AT&T Digital Receives no Calls in Orlando But Can Call Out!

4. question about BibTeX

5. problems with booting on laptop

6. receiving call duration on all calls

7. racing games

8. If I have two-way calling and someone calls can I make modem hang up?

9. No charge 30 second calls for Sprint calling plan promotion

10. Call not going to voicemail when call is "hunted" to second phone.

11. How can an ACD call be presented to two separate IN-CALLS keys in twoseparate queues?

12. Call waiting with call id - still don't get the Call waiting signal!