Higher Layer Compatibility

Post by Sobh » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 00:14:35

Hi all,
        Can anybody explain me what is the significance of
Higher Layer Compatiblity IE..Is it necessary for the D channel
Protocol??

Regds
Sobhan

Post by Sobh » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 00:15:13

Hi all,
        Can anybody explain me what is the significance of
Higher Layer Compatiblity IE..Is it necessary for the D channel
Protocol??

Regds
Sobhan

Higher Layer Compatibility

Post by Phil McKerrache » Fri, 26 Jul 2002 01:08:07

Quote:>         Can anybody explain me what is the significance of
> Higher Layer Compatiblity IE..Is it necessary for the D channel
> Protocol??

It's used by the terminals for higher layer negotiation (i.e. above layer 3)
and is not usually interpreted by the network. However, some older networks
(e.g. French VN3) are still around that expect it.

--
Phil McKerracher
www.mckerracher.org