Comparison of Stacks

Post by Shankar Nataraja » Thu, 30 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Folks,
Is there any information on comparisons between the various commercially
available stacks from commercial vendors (a la Trillium, Harris and
Jerrries etc) ? I am looking for information on protocol conformance,
performance, general experiences with implementation etc. Appreciate any
pointers or opinions. Thanks,
shankar

Comparison of Stacks

Post by Alex Hardist » Fri, 01 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>Is there any information on comparisons between the various commercially
>available stacks from commercial vendors (a la Trillium, Harris and
>Jerrries etc) ?

I doubt you will find any publicly available useful comparisons -
although if you do, I would also be interested. Compiling such is a non-
trivial task.

Alex Hardisty
PQM Consultants, Suite C, 17 Moor Street, Chepstow, NP6 5DB, UK
tel: +44 1291 626 180 / fax: +44 1291 626 190

1. TCP/IP Stack Comparison

Has anyone done a comparative cost/performance analysis of the various
TCP/IP stacks on the market today?  There are a good many commercial
offerings to choose from.  But why might I be better to  discard the
one my O/S manufacturer gives me for free, without good reason?

2. Win98-2nd Edition shutdown problem

3. PIX IOS 7.X Version comparison?

4. FS: Axil 311(SS10)/66/64/1 gig..$825.00

5. Cisco Catalyst comparison

6. Undefined symbol error in building the test for QuO

7. Pix 7.0 & Cymphonix comparison

8. SCL and Java

9. Router Comparison

10. Packeteer VS. Cisco Comparison 2

11. BGP/IPSEC versus EIGRP/GRE VPN tunnel comparison (Vincent?)...

12. PPP Multilink method comparison

13. Comparison of various routing protocols