Send data by D-channell

Post by GTERRI » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 22:49:09

I can send and receive data by B channel, my program works well but I
would like to adapt it on D channell.Unfortunatelly I have some
problems to do it. If you have ever done it, can you help me please?

Send data by D-channell

Post by Arthur Mars » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 20:30:16

You would either need to use user-to-user messaging (which probably only
works when a B-channel call is active) or D-channel X.25.

Are you using CAPI and an ISDN card (in which case you should be posting
to comp.dcom.isdn.capi) or an external TA (in which case the TA may
already provide D-channel X.25 PAD capabilities)?

Regards,

Arthur.

> I can send and receive data by B channel, my program works well but I
> would like to adapt it on D channell.Unfortunatelly I have some
> problems to do it. If you have ever done it, can you help me please?

Send data by D-channell

Post by GTERRI » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 18:29:04

I use CAPI and ISDN card(Eicon DIVA 2.01);I configured my program like
that:

B protocol (0x1e):
      B1 protocol: 0 (64 kBit/s HDLC)
      B2 protocol: 3 (LAPD for D channel X.25)
      B3 protocol: 2 (ISO 8208 (X.25 DTE-DTE))
      B1 configuration (0x0):
      B2 configuration (0x5):
        TEI assignment: 0x3 (fixed value 1)
        Address B: 0x0
        Modulo Mode: 0x8
        Window Size: 0x3
        XID (0x0):
      B3 configuration (0x10):
        LIC: 0x0
        HIC: 0x0
        LTC: 0x1
        HTC: 0x1
        LOC: 0x0
        HOC: 0x8
        Modulo Mode: 0x8
        Window Size: 0x2
    BC (0x0): 04 04 88 C0 C6 E6
    LLC (0x0):
    HLC (0x0):
    Additional Info (0x6):
      B channel info (0x2): use D channel
      Keypad facility (0x0):
      User user data (0x0):
      Facility data array (0x0):

The problem I have now is that after the message connect_B3_ref,I have
directly a DISCONNECT_B3 IND and a DISCONNECT_B3 RESP(Reason_B3:
clearing according to protocol); so I can't have a connection and I
don't understand why.

                                  If someone knows...

                                              Guillaume Terrien

> You would either need to use user-to-user messaging (which probably only
> works when a B-channel call is active) or D-channel X.25.

> Are you using CAPI and an ISDN card (in which case you should be posting
> to comp.dcom.isdn.capi) or an external TA (in which case the TA may
> already provide D-channel X.25 PAD capabilities)?

> Regards,

> Arthur.

> > I can send and receive data by B channel, my program works well but I
> > would like to adapt it on D channell.Unfortunatelly I have some
> > problems to do it. If you have ever done it, can you help me please?

Send data by D-channell

Post by Phil McKerrache » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 21:18:54

Quote:> I use CAPI and ISDN card(Eicon DIVA 2.01);I configured my program like
> that:

> B protocol (0x1e):
>       B1 protocol: 0 (64 kBit/s HDLC)
>       B2 protocol: 3 (LAPD for D channel X.25)
>       B3 protocol: 2 (ISO 8208 (X.25 DTE-DTE))
>       B1 configuration (0x0):
>       B2 configuration (0x5):
>         TEI assignment: 0x3 (fixed value 1)
>         Address B: 0x0
>         Modulo Mode: 0x8
>         Window Size: 0x3
>         XID (0x0):
>       B3 configuration (0x10):
>         LIC: 0x0
>         HIC: 0x0
>         LTC: 0x1
>         HTC: 0x1
>         LOC: 0x0
>         HOC: 0x8
>         Modulo Mode: 0x8
>         Window Size: 0x2
>     BC (0x0): 04 04 88 C0 C6 E6
>     LLC (0x0):
>     HLC (0x0):
>     Additional Info (0x6):
>       B channel info (0x2): use D channel
>       Keypad facility (0x0):
>       User user data (0x0):
>       Facility data array (0x0):

> The problem I have now is that after the message connect_B3_ref,I have
> directly a DISCONNECT_B3 IND and a DISCONNECT_B3 RESP(Reason_B3:
> clearing according to protocol); so I can't have a connection and I
> don't understand why.

>                                   If someone knows...

>                                               Guillaume Terrien

Not many service providers support D-channel traffic, and if they do it's
expensive. Have you paid for it to be enabled?

--
Phil McKerracher
www.mckerracher.org

1. 2 channell bonded but though seperate ISP ?

Is this possible, I really would like to use the full potential of my ISDN
but there are no 0800 or freephone ISP's that support 128k :(

I would be willing to signup for two accounts if it were possible to bundle
the connections over seperate user accounts.

Thanks for any info.

2. Please help me!

3. D channell silly question

4. How do you access a field in a struct?

5. Troubles with B channell

6. 2 domains/ virtuelusertable

7. Problem: poor performance sending data to the internet using a 2500-Series

8. telnet

9. Second Post - Cisco disconnects when too much data sent.

10. Get the amount of data send/received

11. NAT can't send data back to the users?

12. V.42 vs Start/Stop Bits - How much data can I really send?

13. Sending 8 bit data through 7E1 port