isdn cable

Post by shuy » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 17:32:49

hello everybody.. is there any solution for connecting the isdn terminal to
computer which is more than 20m far away? ive heard that the signal loses on
its quality if the cable is more than 6,5m long..

thank you

isdn cable

Post by lesl » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 19:02:50

: hello everybody.. is there any solution for connecting the isdn terminal
: to computer which is more than 20m far away? ive heard that the signal
: loses on : its quality if the cable is more than 6,5m long..
:
: thank you

An ISDN connection can be extended to ~31,000 feet by the use of
an Adtran "Total Reach". It requires hardware in both the central
office and at the remote site.

More info at www.adtran.com

--Jerry Leslie   (my opinions are strictly my own)

isdn cable

Post by Phil McKerrache » Sat, 14 Jun 2003 20:11:49

Quote:> hello everybody.. is there any solution for connecting the isdn terminal
> computer which is more than 20m far away? ive heard that the signal loses
on
> its quality if the cable is more than 6,5m long..

An S-bus (4-wire, European) connection will extend to around 800m and a U
interface (2-wire, American) connection possibly even further if you use the
correct topology, cable and termination. My tutorial at
www.mckerracher.org/isdn has some details and links to the specifications.

--
Phil McKerracher

isdn cable

Post by non » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 05:08:21

> hello everybody.. is there any solution for connecting the isdn terminal to
> computer which is more than 20m far away? ive heard that the signal loses on
> its quality if the cable is more than 6,5m long..

That does not seem to be enough information for a good answer.

What is the ISDN terminal?

What is it connected to on the computer?
    Is it a serial port? 10baseT? Something else?

What country are you in?

Info about these questions will help provide good clue for someone who
knows what info you will need.

isdn cable

Post by fran » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 09:51:55

Indeed I have one of these on the outside of my house, 29,700 feet from the
CO.
It is the Mark2 version, using 150 volts.  I had a Mark1 (175 volts) but
PacBell pulled it out because it was not reliable.

> : hello everybody.. is there any solution for connecting the isdn terminal
> : to computer which is more than 20m far away? ive heard that the signal
> : loses on : its quality if the cable is more than 6,5m long..
> :
> : thank you

> An ISDN connection can be extended to ~31,000 feet by the use of
> an Adtran "Total Reach". It requires hardware in both the central
> office and at the remote site.

> More info at www.adtran.com

> --Jerry Leslie   (my opinions are strictly my own)

1. ISDN cable - normal phone cord ok?

Hi there... newbie question...

I had an ISDN line installed in my house and it is the size of a
normal phone cord connector (RJ-11 I think?).  The cisco 1004 router I
got only has an RJ-45 corrector.

I've looked around the web and it sounds as though I can either use a
normal phone cord (because only the middle 4 wires are used?) or I
could have an RJ-11 to RJ-45 cable made.  (Or maybe Black Box sells
them..)

Can someone confirm that I'm on the right track?

Also, shouldn't the Sprint guys have installed an RJ-45 jack instead?

Thanks..
..df

2. Newbie Question: Two Palm Vx HotSync Errors

3. 3600 PRI ISDN Cable

4. USB drivers for old G3

5. ISDN Cable Spec

6. HELP!! MY WORD 6.0 IS RUNNING TOO SLOW!!

7. ?├║Help Me To Find Market Data about ISDN, Cable Modem, ADSL...

8. Win-OS/2 display driver problems

9. Analog video on ISDN cables?

10. ADSL ISDN CABLE AMTX

11. ISDN Cable Requirments